Negative Budget Amount Remaining Balance on Expense Report (check register)

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
faireskind

Negative Budget Amount Remaining Balance on Expense Report (check register)

Post by faireskind »

There is a unit in our stake that has reported a problem to me on their Expense Report. This is the summary report that prints after you print the checks in MLS and has places for the unit leader and clerk to sign. In their unit, the Remaing Budget figure that prints just after the check summary started at zero and has decreased from that point forward. They were wondering how they can correct that figure.

I decided to try to see if this was something that was specific just to their unit or if it was something more general. I have not looked at the other units in our stake, but I know that our stake Expense Report is showing a correct Remaining Balance. I have also noticed that both the test ward/branch and stake units provided with MLS exhibit the same problem. Each time a check was written, the remaining balance starts at zero and goes negative according to the sum of the checks written. This was after entering a budget allocation amount for several categories for each test unit.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Does anyone know what can be done about it?
opee

Post by opee »

They probably have not populated the field under "Budget" that shows their annual allocation for that category, or the budget overall.
faireskind

Post by faireskind »

I have not been able to personally verify that the unit with the complaint has populated budget allocations for their budget categories or the budget allocation amount at the bottom of the View/Edit Budget page. However, I did fill those in for the test units before I attempted to cut sample checks for them and still ran into the problem.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”