MLS Export

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
ByondF1-p40

MLS Export

Post by ByondF1-p40 »

One thing I would like to see put back into the exported files is the HT/VT visit info. It use to be in the MIS export but was left out of the MLS export for some odd reason. This is very useful info to have on my PDA for meetings and such.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ByondF1 wrote:One thing I would like to see put back into the exported files is the HT/VT visit info. It used to be in the MIS export but was left out of the MLS export for some odd reason. This is very useful info to have on my PDA for meetings and such.

MLS has a much more flexible method for copying information from just about any report. That may be the reason that HT/VT visit info is not part of the export. The exports seem to simply include general information, and more specific information can be captured from the individual MLS screens.

You can go to the Enter HT Visits page and copy the information to a spreadsheet, which you can then put on your PDA. That will give you the last three months of visits.

If you want more history (6 or 12 months), you can create a custom report and include the HT Statistics (12 months) column.
ByondF1-p40

That doesn't help

Post by ByondF1-p40 »

I am an assistant stake clerk and I use Doug Mills program - WardInfo - to distribute PDA files in either HTML or iSilo to the leadership of every ward and branch in our stake including the Stake leadership every Fast Sunday. It would be great for them to have this information included and at their fingertips. It would also be nice to have the custom fields included in the export so that Brother Mills could include it in his file build.

More on WardInfo can be found at:

http://hcgl.eng.ohio-state.edu/~mills/W ... dInfo.html
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

ByondF1 wrote:I am an assistant stake clerk and I use Doug Mills program - WardInfo - to distribute PDA files in either HTML or iSilo to the leadership of every ward and branch in our stake including the Stake leadership every Fast Sunday. It would be great for them to have this information included and at their fingertips.

It would, indeed be nice. But absent that, a workaround using the method Alan_Brown described is possible. Coincidentally, I am working with just such a custom extract today to produce a special report for our Ward Council.

I suggest that anyone wishing to create such a custom export from ward MLS software include the Member Record Number as one of the fields. Then it is possible to join this to the Membership.csv export file in the database software of your choice. You are right, of course, that the absence of such data in the standard export files prevents it from being used by canned applications such as WardInfo or other MLS helper apps.

If you are using stake MLS, isn't there a more basic problem? I thought this version of MLS does not include the HT/VT visit data in the first place.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”