Advanced Search Options

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Advanced Search Options

Post by russellhltn »

Am I just not finding the right spot or has the "Advanced Search Options" been changed?

While I admit the old options were rather confusing to the non-programmer, I'm seriously missing the option to do a search for exact phrase. In some situations the standard text search can result to too many hits rendering the search near useless.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:Am I just not finding the right spot or has the "Advanced Search Options" been changed?

While I admit the old options were rather confusing to the non-programmer, I'm seriously missing the option to do a search for exact phrase. In some situations the standard text search can result to too many hits rendering the search near useless.
Is this what you're looking for?

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/options
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nope. It was options only a geek could love. Separate search "boxes", one for standard, one for words "near" each other (allowing you to define "near") and another for "exact phrase".

Basically more advanced options for the text search itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:Nope. It was options only a geek could love. Separate search "boxes", one for standard, one for words "near" each other (allowing you to define "near") and another for "exact phrase".

Basically more advanced options for the text search itself.
How about this one?

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/search?typ ... p=&search=
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Could you be thinking of the Scriptures on CD-Rom?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, the tools are still there, just not the interface. That's stuff only a DOS Geek could love. :D (Or maybe a SQL one)

What I was thinking of was a search criteria box that helped you work out the expressions you needed to get the search you desired.

njcant1 wrote:Could you be thinking of the Scriptures on CD-Rom?
Nope.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”