Correcting Budget Categories on Checks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
clint.schnoor-p40

Correcting Budget Categories on Checks

Post by clint.schnoor-p40 »

As I was printing current budget reports for each of the auxillaries I noticed that some of the checks written were taken from the wrong budget accounts. I would think the correction would be as easy as going to that specific check and making the change on the budge category. I am correct on this?
opee

Post by opee »

clint.schnoor wrote:As I was printing current budget reports for each of the auxillaries I noticed that some of the checks written were taken from the wrong budget accounts. I would think the correction would be as easy as going to that specific check and making the change on the budge category. I am correct on this?

Yes, it is that simple. Just assign it to a different Budget category.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

If you're in the same major category and just changing sub-category, you don't have to let HQ know (Budget, FO, Other, etc). If you need to change major categories, MLS should automatically generate a message to send to HQ informing them of the change. Once you have done the switch, you can check your sent messages to make sure the change is being sent in. If not, you'll have to contact them.

Once the change has been made, HQ will send you a message back confirming the switch or notifying you of any complications or further steps you must take. Finally, it will also show up in the miscellaneous section of your CUFS.
clint.schnoor-p40

Thanks for the reply

Post by clint.schnoor-p40 »

that was exactly the information I needed. Thanks for the quick response.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”