Meebo instant messenger ...

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
seangates

Meebo instant messenger ...

Post by seangates »

I want to know the policy on having a meebo (http://www.meebo.com) widget embedded in my Ward Website? I am the Ward Website admin, and would like to see when people are visiting the site, and allow them to ask me questions or chat with me while they're visiting. Mostly it would be used for support.

I have an example at http://www.mission.net/pennsylvania/harrisburg/. I am the Alumni site admin.

Thanks!
Sean
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

I imagine that this would fall under "no links to sites outside of the lds.org domain"
rule. Of course, meebo being flash-based will slow down browsing for dial-up
folks - if they even have flash enabled by default. ( I don't.)

Perhaps, you'll get a lucky break, and the Church won't have anything against it.
How you would embed it onto the Ward Website might be another matter, however.

Atticus Ewig
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

atticusewig wrote:I imagine that this would fall under "no links to sites outside of the lds.org domain"
rule.
Correct. However we are aware that times are changing and we need to look at new policies and rules and new technology emerges. We will look at this as we evaluate our new set of policies.

Tom
seangates

Post by seangates »

tomw wrote:Correct. However we are aware that times are changing and we need to look at new policies and rules and new technology emerges. We will look at this as we evaluate our new set of policies.

Well, that is all I can ask for. :-)

Maybe there is something similar we could do if the system were able to be a closed loop, so that there was a Meebo (or other chat service) server at Church HQ, and all data was inside the lds.org domain.

Just thinking out loud. :-)

Sean

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”