Moved Out Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lhblair

Moved Out Report

Post by lhblair »

Currently, our MLS Members Moved Out Report is showing three children from one family as having moved out of our ward. Their individual records are still in our system, and no specific effort was made to move these members. Why would three children be isolated as having moved, when in fact that hasn't happened?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

lblair wrote:Currently, our MLS Members Moved Out Report is showing three children from one family as having moved out of our ward. Their individual records are still in our system, and no specific effort was made to move these members. Why would three children be isolated as having moved, when in fact that hasn't happened?
Can you find any coorelation between the move-out dates and any other dates on their records?

I'm also trying to think of a way to verify that you for sure have their actual records, and not some local-only psuedo-record; I have seen that before where I had some kind of partial record where it knew the individual was a member, but didn't have a record number or a birth date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Another possibility is what "moved out" were some duplicate records. I'm thinking that MLS may process any kind of "delete" as a "move out".

Something you might do, is have a look at the LUWS. See if the children are still on there. That will give you an indication of what SLC thinks their status is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lblair wrote:Currently, our MLS Members Moved Out Report is showing three children from one family as having moved out of our ward. Their individual records are still in our system, and no specific effort was made to move these members. Why would three children be isolated as having moved, when in fact that hasn't happened?

You may also want to check the Moved In Report, and also the actual membership records for those individuals (you would need to print or preview the membership records) to see the prior wards. It's possible that the records were moved without your effort, but rather someone else's. We have had cases where a record seems to have been inadvertantly requested by some ward, and then they apparently recognized their mistake and immediately sent the records back.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:You may also want to check the Moved In Report, and also the actual membership records for those individuals (you would need to print or preview the membership records) to see the prior wards. It's possible that the records were moved without your effort, but rather someone else's. We have had cases where a record seems to have been inadvertantly requested by some ward, and then they apparently recognized their mistake and immediately sent the records back.
This does not apply to children, but with the Temple Entry System structured so that you must have the membership record to activate the recommend, we have had a few cases where temple recommends have been renewed just as members were either deploying or moving, and the super-efficient clerk has sent the records before we got the recommend activated.

So, we snag the record back, activate the recommend, and send the record back out again. It can all be done in a day if everything is coordinated properly.
lhblair

Moved Out Report

Post by lhblair »

I've investigated all of the suggestions. The kid's names still appear on the LUWS and there is no correlation between the move out dates and any dates on their records. These kids are part of a family that's been inactive for a long time and only recently reactivated in our ward. One of them was just baptized the first part of October so I don't think another ward has mistakenly requested their records.

It may be nothing more than a fluke in the system and in due time their names will fall out of the report. As long as their records remain in our unit, I'm not concerned about them appearing on the moved out report. I'm just curious why they would show up there in the first place.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

lblair wrote:I've investigated all of the suggestions. The kid's names still appear on the LUWS and there is no correlation between the move out dates and any dates on their records. These kids are part of a family that's been inactive for a long time and only recently reactivated in our ward. One of them was just baptized the first part of October so I don't think another ward has mistakenly requested their records.

It may be nothing more than a fluke in the system and in due time their names will fall out of the report. As long as their records remain in our unit, I'm not concerned about them appearing on the moved out report. I'm just curious why they would show up there in the first place.
Did you also follow Alan_Brown's suggestion and check the Moved-In Report as well? It's possible they moved out and then back in for some reason; or even, maybe records weren't transferred but some action triggered what MLS thought was a move in, move out.
lhblair

Post by lhblair »

mkmurray wrote:Did you also follow Alan_Brown's suggestion and check the Moved-In Report as well? It's possible they moved out and then back in for some reason; or even, maybe records weren't transferred but some action triggered what MLS thought was a move in, move out.
Yes. I did check the Move In Report and they are not listed there.

Return to “Membership Help”