Payment Timing for ACH Expense Reimbursement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Jensen231

Payment Timing for ACH Expense Reimbursement

Post by Jensen231 »

When an ACH expense request is entered in LCR, when is the ACH created? After approvals are entered, As soon as the expense is entered? How long does the process take before the members account is credited?
eblood66

Re: Payment Timing for ACH Expense Reimbursement

Post by eblood66 »

After the 2nd approver reviews and documentation and approves the expense. If the bishop is on the 2nd approver then it does not wait for the bishop's separate approval. From what I've heard from my ward members they get a notification of the transaction within about a day and the money is deposited within about 2 days or so after that.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If the bishop is not the 2nd approver, the ACH deposit still happens after the 2nd approval as eblodd66 noted. In that case, the bishop still must approve the expense, but 2 approvers release it to pay without the bishop's final approval. This is the same as when we printed paper checks - they could be delivered to the member and deposited before the bishop signed the expense summary paperwork.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am starting to wonder about a possible time lag for EFT reimbursements. I created two EFT expense reimbursements for our YW president on 21 June 2019. It is now 11 July 2019, and those two EFTs are still showing as "Issued". I have not asked her if she has actually seen these deposits in her account. Perhaps there is a problem with her Reimbursement Account.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I called the GSC. They told me these two EFTs have been "received by bank". Since the deposits have not yet been credited, we assume that the member entered the wrong account number as her Reimbursement Account or there may be some other issue with her account that is blocking the EFT deposit. I have contacted her and her husband, so the ball is in their court.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I recently had an EFT that I processed on June 8th. When I looked on June 30th it was still in the issued status. I was going to ask the member about it but missed her at church. I checked again today and it now says cleared. This member has received multiple EFT reimbursements previously so I'm pretty sure her bank details are correct. I'd be interested in knowing when it was actually deposited to her account but it's probably not worth asking her to go to the trouble of finding that out.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My YW President responded, "It looks like we received 2 deposits on the 25th of June."

So the expense was issued on June 21st, and the deposit appeared on the bank account on June 25th, but LCRF stills shows the expense as "Issued" on July 11th.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

On July 9th at 1830, the bishop and his counselor entered an expense to reimburse me, the ward clerk. On July 10th at 1307, I received a Disbursement Notification email from CUBS. On July 11th at 0552, my bank account showed the deposit. LCRF still shows the EFT as "Issued".
dpalmer2508

Post by dpalmer2508 »

drepouille wrote:My YW President responded, "It looks like we received 2 deposits on the 25th of June."

So the expense was issued on June 21st, and the deposit appeared on the bank account on June 25th, but LCRF stills shows the expense as "Issued" on July 11th.
I also have two EFT payments that show Issued almost 2 weeks ago. Both payees have received their funds in their accounts, yet the status has not switched to cleared, but shows only received by the bank. The monthly financial statement that we received the month "after" the EFT was received by the member shows the payment as outstanding. Strange.... Others I have done were cleared withing a few days.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I called the GSC and they elevated the ticket to a higher level for analysis. Haven't heard back yet.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”