Can't view PDF receipts on Android

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pcuster

Can't view PDF receipts on Android

Post by pcuster »

While on my Android phone, I cannot see the PDF receipt that I need to review before approving an expense. Similarly, I could not see the receipt on my Android tablet. Only when I logged in on my laptop was I able to pull up the receipt. (I am able to view PDFs as email attachments or otherwise, so I know my phone is capable of viewing PDFs.) Is there something I need to do to have this functionality on my phone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't view PDF receipts on Android

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible you need to install an app. There's "Google PDF Viewer" and "Adobe Acrobat Reader" in the Play Store.

I've found that Microsoft Word also offers to open PDFs.

However, I would be cautious about any viewer that comes from a company whose name you don't recognize.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pcuster

Post by pcuster »

I can see PDFs in other settings (email, attachments, etc.) just not in the Preview window that opens for reimbursements.
JimCallister

Post by JimCallister »

I have the same issue with a Linux desktop with both Firefox and Chrome (and have no problems viewing PDF's with other applications/browsers). Not a big deal for me (can switch to Windows easily) but this post might help those trying to resolve the issue.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I see the same issue on my Android. What exactly is causing the PDF files not to be displayed is hard to tell. I get a blank part of the page with only the buttons to Accept or Reject. I have submitted feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of the page. You won't get a personalized response, but rest assured the feedback will be routed to those responsible for looking into the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Jerh

Post by Jerh »

I see the same issues with not being able to access them with my Android phone. It just pops up with a loading status bar that never finishes. It's not really a big deal for me because I know that the documents were uploaded and I can always access them on my laptop/desktop. However, the big problem with this issue, and I'm thinking that this is related to the same issue as the original post...is that when the reimbursements are routed to the next person (bishop, or stake president in my case), they aren't able to see the document to have assurance to approve it on a tablet or phone. My stake president was only able to see the 1st page of the document on his tablet but nothing else, even though the pdf had multiple pages. We tried to use different browsers, like Safari and Chrome but they all had the same issue...only the first page would display. There was no scroll bar present and we couldn't swipe left of right to see anything else. Has anyone else run into this issue? Has anyone found a fix for this issue? It's likely not a problem if they use a laptop or a desktop that they can access, but with the increased mobility of all the web tools, more people are using tablets to do their work, so I'm wondering if there is a bug that prevents the review of the entire receipt attachment document specific to tablets or if there is another issue. Anyone have any insights into this issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those of use who experience this issue need to continue to submit feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of the page. It won't give the issue any more priority but it will help define the scope and urgency of the issue within the community.

There is no known work around for working with an android device - yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”