Viewing Membership Directory for Another Unit

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Viewing Membership Directory for Another Unit

Post by jdlessley »

I recently received an e-mail from a sister newly called to a stake position. She wants to get membership directories for each of the wards in the stake. Since I have been a stake LUWS administrator long enough I can't remember who has access to what membership directories since as a stake administrator I have access to all. Does a registered member have access to all unit membership and leadership directories within their stake? Or do they only have access to their ward directories?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I recently received an e-mail from a sister newly called to a stake position. She wants to get membership directories for each of the wards in the stake. Since I have been a stake LUWS administrator long enough I can't remember who has access to what membership directories since as a stake administrator I have access to all. Does a registered member have access to all unit membership and leadership directories within their stake? Or do they only have access to their ward directories?
Every registered stake member has access to the membership and leadership areas of every ward. For that matter, they have access to every non-administrative feature of every ward in the stake.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Alan_Brown wrote:Every registered stake member has access to the membership and leadership areas of every ward. For that matter, they have access to every non-administrative feature of every ward in the stake.
Thanks, that will make it easier for her to get the information she needs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdlessley wrote:I recently received an e-mail from a sister newly called to a stake position. She wants to get membership directories for each of the wards in the stake. Since I have been a stake LUWS administrator long enough I can't remember who has access to what membership directories since as a stake administrator I have access to all. Does a registered member have access to all unit membership and leadership directories within their stake? Or do they only have access to their ward directories?
When you logon to your account, if you don't enable your administrative functions you're signed in as a regular user from your home ward. From that perspective you can "test" what access another ward member would have.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Techgy wrote:When you logon to your account, if you don't enable your administrative functions you're signed in as a regular user from your home ward. From that perspective you can "test" what access another ward member would have.
I don't know what you are talking about. When I sign on, the only thing I can do is enter my user name and password. There is no option to enable or disable administrative functions. Other than deleting myself from the list of stake administrators I don't see any way of enabling or disabling administrative functions.
JD Lessley
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

You mentioned in this thread that you were an stake administrator. I was referring to the fact that if you don't enable that function, then when you logon your access is the same as everyone else. If you are still a stake administrator then down at the lower-left corner of the screen after you logon, is a link that you click to enable the administrator function.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What color is the predominate color of the site? If it's blue, then you're an average user. If it's green, then you're in admin mode.

One exception may be the Resource Admin. I'm not sure how they are handled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:You mentioned in this thread that you were an stake administrator. I was referring to the fact that if you don't enable that function, then when you logon your access is the same as everyone else. If you are still a stake administrator then down at the lower-left corner of the screen after you logon, is a link that you click to enable the administrator function.
I think the term "enable the administrator function" is a bit confusing. All you are saying is that as long as you stay in the normal user pages (those that have the blue background on the left and top of the pages) you will have the same functionality as any regular user. The fact that you are an administrator makes no difference in how the blue pages work.

It is only when you click the Administrator Options button that you then go to the set of administrator pages (those with a green background) that your experience is any different from the normal user.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Techgy wrote:You mentioned in this thread that you were an stake administrator. I was referring to the fact that if you don't enable that function, then when you logon your access is the same as everyone else. If you are still a stake administrator then down at the lower-left corner of the screen after you logon, is a link that you click to enable the administrator function.
Are you talking about the Administrator Options? I am well aware of how that functions. That does not address my question about the differences between the access an administrator has versus a non-administrator.

Years ago before I was a stake administrator I only had access to my home ward's web pages and functions and some stake web site pages. Back then I could only access the home page of another ward in the stake and no other pages or functions for other wards was accessable. Maybe all that has changed since then.

I guess what you are saying is that the only difference today is that the two buttons labeled 'Administrator Options' and 'Record Keeping Information' are the only functions an administrator has beyond that of a regular user.
JD Lessley
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Yup! Sorry I didn't put it more clearly.;)

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”