Family History Activity Report - access

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
mattw1975

Family History Activity Report - access

Post by mattw1975 »

Who has access to the Family History Activity Report on the stake level?
Our stake T&FM consultant sent me this message:
"I just discovered that I no longer have access to the Family History Activity Report for the Stake. I think it is a result of the new designation of Temple and Family History Consultants. It appears like there are now options for both a consultant or a lead consultant. I believe Bro J and I should both be designated leads, which would permit us access to the report again. Are you able to change that designation of our callings?"
However, I just checked and there is not a standard calling for T&FH leads.
eblood66

Re: Family History Activity Report - access

Post by eblood66 »

The Access Table in LCR shows that the only stake family history calling with access to that report is the "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead". I don't have access to the Stake Organization pages but if it's listed in the access table it has to be a standard calling and should be available in the Temple and Family History organization at the stake level. It's possible the calling might have been hidden but it should still how up in the drop down under the Hidden Callings section.
mattw1975

Post by mattw1975 »

I don't see the Hidden Callings section in the drop down. The only options are Standard Callings and Custom Callings. The Standard Callings section has just two callings listed: "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center" and "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant". I don't see "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" calling.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Maybe your stake already has a leader. For ward callings, only one Ward Temple and Family History Leader is permitted per ward.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mattw1975

Post by mattw1975 »

I submitted a help desk ticket. According to Church service help desk, the system won't allow stake clerk to add the Lead. They said, "CDOL department can add the information of the member as Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead." I just had to email back the full name and date set apart.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mattw1975 wrote:I submitted a help desk ticket. According to Church service help desk, the system won't allow stake clerk to add the Lead. They said, "CDOL department can add the information of the member as Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead." I just had to email back the full name and date set apart.
I just looked into this and I don't think they'll be able to add one even in CDOL. That position type has been disable. There is a Ward Temple and Family History Leader at the ward level. At the stake level there are two position types available Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center and Stake Temple and Family History Consultant.

Edit: In general for Ward/Branch/Stake/District. LCR can edit all the allowed position types
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I just looked into this and I don't think they'll be able to add one even in CDOL.
I think at one time there were callings only the Family History Department could record. This was in part due to the FHC being a unit separate from the stake.

No idea what the situation is now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:I just looked into this and I don't think they'll be able to add one even in CDOL.
I think at one time there were callings only the Family History Department could record. This was in part due to the FHC being a unit separate from the stake.

No idea what the situation is now.
If you want the callings recorded on the Family History center, not just the stake that is still correct. One of these days I would hope that would be changed, but I don't know of any plans.
stakeclerk

Post by stakeclerk »

I would like to know what a coordinating clerks do.
revincent

Post by revincent »

Most of you already know this, I'm sure. If you have more than one calling, you have to choose the right calling from the drop-down menu before the Family History Activity Report will appear in the menu. I have 3 callings listed in LCR:
T&FH Consultant - Family History Center
Stake T&FH Consultant-Family History Center
and Ward T&FH Leader.

For both the Temple and Family History Consultant-Family History Center AND the Stake T&FH Con.-FHC callings the top menu that appears in LCR is:
Home (icon) / Applications / Other / Help

Only in the Ward Temple and Family History Leader calling does my menu for Leader & Clerk Resources show the reports menu:
Home (icon) / Reports / Applications / Other / Help

If you don't even have a Reports menu displayed and you have multiple callings I wonder if this is the cause?
I also wonder why the the Family History Activity Report no longer shows for my stake calling as it once did prior to 2019?

Return to “Family History”