Unable to sign in to account using Firefox

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nleek

Unable to sign in to account using Firefox

Post by nleek »

My usual browser is Firefox. When I go to the sign in page, enter my user name and password, hit Sign In, it just flips back to the same page. Over and over. I can sign in with MS Explorer, which is where I am now. My user name and password are good. Can I get Firefox back and working?
Melanieblauer

Re: Unable to sign in to account using Firefox

Post by Melanieblauer »

I'm having the same issue with Google Chrome. I've tried multiple times to log in and it's not working. I can log in using explorer or my iphone. This is an issue that needs resolved.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am able to sign in with no problems from work with my Firefox install and from home with my Chrome install. I suggest you first clear your cache and cookies in your browser to make sure old data is causing problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Depending on where you're going to go, you may be forced to login twice: Once for lds.org and again for churchofjesuschrist.org.

Edit: I've discovered a bug where you get stuck on the login page: It happens when I try to go to lds.org/directory. Normally it just asks you to log into lds.org. But that function has moved to churchofjesuschrist.org. So, you're forced to log in again - except, you seem to get stuck in a loop. And it may appear that it may cause your account to get locked out due to too many attempts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
whitingiz

Post by whitingiz »

I agree that the problem seems to be the lds.org / churchofjesuschrist.org problem.

I've cleared my cache of everything related to both domains, but when I try to visit churchofjesuschrist.org I am forwarded to lds.org -- then when I click on the "Sign In" link from the front page, enter my username and password, and click the "Sign In" button, the log in page just reloads with my username and password gone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try a different browser, or if you're using Chrome, set up another "user" in Chrome.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:You might try a different browser, or if you're using Chrome, set up another "user" in Chrome.
I can duplicate the problem with every browser I use.
tjp@lds

Post by tjp@lds »

I was having the same problem, first in Safari, then after a couple of successful logins, it happed in Google Chrome too.

Thank you to everyone for your replies. I hope I have it fixed now, but this is what I had to do:
*clear my browser & cookie history
*look up churchofchrist.org (if I just did a search in either Safari or Chrome for the full name of the Church, it still took me to lds.org, which seems to have been the issue)
*saved churchofchrist.org to my favorites

Whew!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@tjp@lds,
I hope you just mistyped, but the URL you provided, churchofchrist.org, is not complete. It should be churchofjesuschrist.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”