LDS Directory Services Unavailable in App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
rhigley73

LDS Directory Services Unavailable in App

Post by rhigley73 »

Hello,
Everytime I try to log in through the app it gives me the message, "LDS Directory services not available, please try again later, then it kicks me out. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and it still doesn't work. I've never logged into the app because of this. Any solutions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Directory Services Unavailable in App

Post by lajackson »

I assume you are asking about LDS Tools. Make sure you are on a good Internet connection. And if this is a recent problem, you will also need to be certain you are using an operating system that is still supported and that you have the latest version of LDS Tools. Due to OS security issues, the app is no longer supported by older systems.

As best I have been able to determine, you need to have LDS Tools 3.5.2 or better, and be running Android OS 5 or iOS 10 or better. You can see details in the LDS Tools topic for your particular device (Android or iOS).
rkooyman6330

Post by rkooyman6330 »

I've had this same issue with LDS Tools on my new Samsung S9. Won't allow sign in and gives the same error of 'LDS Directory Services unavailable" Any other advice because system is updated and connected as I'm on the same device now.
Lilly14F

Post by Lilly14F »

I have had this problem for weeks and none of the solutions in this forum have helped me fix it. Does anybody know how to fix it? I have Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0 and the latest version of LDS Tools.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Lilly14F wrote:I have had this problem for weeks and none of the solutions in this forum have helped me fix it.
Then I would ask my clerk to help me contact the Global Service Center for assistance.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

lajackson wrote:
Lilly14F wrote:I have had this problem for weeks and none of the solutions in this forum have helped me fix it.
Then I would ask my clerk to help me contact the Global Service Center for assistance.
Unfortunately, the Global Service Center does not have support for LDS Tools. If it is an issue with the Church Account then they can help, otherwise LDS Tools support is via email at LDSToolsSupport(at)churchofjesuschrist.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nmecantwin73 wrote:Unfortunately, the Global Service Center does not have support for LDS Tools. If it is an issue with the Church Account then they can help, otherwise LDS Tools support is via email at LDSToolsSupport(at)churchofjesuschrist.org.
Good point, sorry. If you are not able to open the app to send feedback that way, you should email directly to the address nmecantwin73 has so graciously provided.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would try using another network. The network you're using may be blocking the app. The church WiFi would be a good test - just not on Sundays.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”