Mac Family Tree 5

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
tdamcbigity-p40

Mac Family Tree 5

Post by tdamcbigity-p40 »

Disclaimer: This is a paid product and not officially endorsed in any way by the Church or its employees.

http://www.synium.de/products/macfamilytree/index.html#Demo%20Movie

Found this software package today, for Mac and iPhone (for mobile use). I really appreciate the creation tools. There is a part of the demo video where the creation of a family unit looks so seamless and understandable. Just figure some of you might want to know about it (if you didn't already). I am a Mac user but also run Windows XP on Parallels for MacOS. I am always on the lookout for innovative genealogy tools for Mac as I bounce between my PAF on Windows and hope in the newFamilySearch.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Disclaimer: This is a paid product and not officially endorsed in anyway by the Church or its employees.

That does look pretty cool though...
tdamcbigity-p40

Exactly my thoughts. There are only emulation options for Mac users, so might as well shop around (if you have to, I like free stuff just as much as the next person).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A real find for the Mac users would be something that will sync with newFamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tdamcbigity-p40

Yeah, about that. Any working projects to make that kind of a link to newFamilySearch?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Last I heard, someone was working on a API for Mac, but there was nothing that looked to be for the end user.

I'm sure the church would love to have someone - it's just waiting for a software vendor to sign up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

tdamcbigity wrote:Yeah, about that. Any working projects to make that kind of a link to newFamilySearch?
FamilyInsight has a Mac version that sync's with nFS.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ah, I forgot that Ohana was doing a Mac version.

ClarkeGJ

Mac FamilyTree and new FamilySerach

Post by ClarkeGJ »

Mac FamilyTree does not mind that I mention that they have been making progress with our FamilySearch APIs. I presented their product and the plans to interface with new FamilySearch at a seminar this summer at the AppleStore in Salt Lake City. No talk about when but I can say they are serious.
Gordon Clarke
FamilySearch DevNet manager
tdamcbigity-p40

Neat. Thanks for the information Gordon!

Return to “Family History”