Home ward Directory can’t access

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
adorion5

Home ward Directory can’t access

Post by adorion5 »

I’m in Texas for the summer and away from my home town in idaho for the summer but still hold a calling and need access to my home ward directory. But every time i login the directory takes me to where I’m at currently in Texas. I didn’t transfer my records and they are still in idaho since that’s my permanent address but why can’t i access my ward there? I travel every summer and this is the first time this has happened. Any help or direction on how to fix it would be much appreciated! I’ve turned off my location services and that didn’t change anything so I’m not sure how to fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home ward Directory can’t access

Post by russellhltn »

You'll need to speak to your ward clerk. It sounds like your records were moved.

By policy, the records should be moved if you'll be there for 3 months or more.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Are you sure your records were not transferred? If you log in to churchofjesuschrist.org and then click on your name, then ward map and directory, what ward do you see? If it is the ward in Texas where you are currently living, that probably means your records were transferred. I'm not saying "you" transferred them, but it sounds like either your ward in Idaho forwarded your record to Texas or the ward in Texas pulled your record from Idaho. If this is what happened, the clerk in the Texas ward can send your record back to your permanent address in Idaho, but the Idaho ward will have to reassign the calling to you - moving records to a new unit releases the individual from all the callings they had in the old unit.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Without getting too deep into the details:
* Directory should be working correctly.
* If LDS Tools has the wrong data, perform a sync.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”