Understanding Family History Activity report

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
alexja

Understanding Family History Activity report

Post by alexja »

I am not sure if the YTD is cumulative or not. For example, converts from march 2018 to march 2019. If one convert from a ward goes to the Temple with their own names, will that convert count in the report until the next year or just for that month?

I am attaching a sample.
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed "Please do not share" attachment - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Understanding Family History Activity report

Post by russellhltn »

alexja wrote:I am not sure if the YTD is cumulative or not.
I'm sure "YTD" is "Year To Date" which would be cumulative from Jan 1.

I removed your attachment as you had remarked "Please do no share". But this forum is open to the public, not just members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
huntleys

Post by huntleys »

Hi.
Newly called T/FH Leader here.

Is there a way to see my ward's tallies from 2018?

Thanks,
A. Huntley
Frb.Henrik

Post by Frb.Henrik »

If you can access Leader and Clerk Resources at lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org then you will see last year YTD in grey as well as the green current one..
It is located under Reports > Family History Activity Report

(-I know it is an old question)
icelza

Post by icelza »

Hi,

I am stake temple and family history consultant. I have a ward consultant that is claiming that the FHAR is not correct. To prove it to me, she did a list of 12 youths with whom she had worked and for which she had printed a personal card to go to the temple andtold me :2 look at the report, the report says only 9.

Recently i was helping one of this youth to index and i took the time to have a look at her family tree, and the tree was empty. The word consultant had printed a namethat familysearch had send the name to that young woman. Is that the reason why it was not in the report? I do hope it doesn´t count, because if not, it will not push the ward consultant to help members to find their own instructor.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

icelza wrote:Recently i was helping one of this youth to index and i took the time to have a look at her family tree, and the tree was empty. The word consultant had printed a namethat familysearch had send the name to that young woman. Is that the reason why it was not in the report?
Aebrown is our resident expert on that report. Based on this post, I'd say the fact the tree was empty is the problem. They system had no way of knowing the youth was working on their family history. Doing temple work, yes. But it's a family history report, not a temple report. However, it sounds like most of the tree is already there - the youth just needs to add enough living individuals (such as parents) to link them to the first deceased ancestor in each line and everything will magically appear.

From other discussions, another metric for family history is how much of the 4 generations is filled in. So, getting the youth to add parents, grandparents and great-grandparents should also be a goal. This should go a long way to solving the Activity Report issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If the ward consultant printed the name, most likely FamilySearch credited it to him/her. How did the young woman share the name with the consultant – did the young woman use the "Share" feature on FamilySearch, or did she print the cards herself as a PDF, then send the PDF to the consultant to print?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dlcall

Post by dlcall »

What is the definition of 'Submitted a name' on the Family History Activity report. Is the definition the number of members who added a name to their family tree?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dlcall wrote:What is the definition of 'Submitted a name' on the Family History Activity report. Is the definition the number of members who added a name to their family tree?
No. It's a name submitted for temple work. I'd suggest reading this post.

mrichey001

Post by mrichey001 »

What callings in LCR have access to the Family History Activity report? For example, should stake temple and family history consultants have access to this report? I do not see that calling listed on the LCR access table.

Return to “Family History”