ward directory and ward map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
leeasayy

ward directory and ward map

Post by leeasayy »

When I go to the ward directory, the map of the ward covers about the whole page and there is not much room to find someone in the directory. How can I either minimize the ward map or get it off the page altogether so looking at the ward directory will be easier to find the person you are looing for
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: ward directory and ward map

Post by jdlessley »

leeasayy wrote:How can I either minimize the ward map or get it off the page altogether ...
There is no current way for the user to adjust the frame sizes or properties for the page.

Since this is a user-to-user forum there is little chance the issues discussed here regarding the Ward Map and Directory (Ward Directory and Map) will get to those who can do anything about them. We recommend sending feedback using the feedback link found at the bottom of the main ChurchofJesusChrist.org page since there is no footer menu of links at the bottom of the Ward Directory and Map page. It is certain feedback will be directed to the responsible individual(s) or department for review.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

directory.lds.org/missionary

Post by drepouille »

I love the display of three missionary categories in the new Directory: Assigned, Ward, and Serving.

My wife recently began a Church Service Mission, and she appears under the Serving category in the new Directory. However, she does not appear as a serving missionary in the LDS Tools app. Perhaps the LDS Tools app will catch up some day.

I also love that the mission location is displayed on the Map portion of the screen, so you can tell at a glance where all the missionaries from your ward are serving.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
KJCooper

Post by KJCooper »

Is there a way to revert to the old view away from the Beta?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

No. The Ward Directory and Map are live. The beta replaced the old Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
alanjones10

Post by alanjones10 »

THe new Ward directory is terrible. I can't see the family that I look up, I can't do many things that we used to do.
The darm map takes up all the space and I did not ask for a map.

I did email Salt Lake but please everyone tell the church you opinions of the new useless directory
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Is there any way in the new Directory to actually see the directory? I can find names on the left margin of the map if I scroll very carefully, but I cannot edit my own entry or do anything at all with any of the directory information.

It is nice to see a point on a map to know where a member lives, but I am accustomed to using a directory as a directory, not as a map pointer. I cannot seem to be able to do anything at all with the new directory format.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:but I cannot edit my own entry
Did you click on the pencil icon in the lower right corner of that pane?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Did you click on the pencil icon in the lower right corner of that pane?
Is it hiding with the list of children that is also missing?

So everything related to the directory is squished into a little 2-inch by 2-inch window while the map sits gloriously all over the rest of my screen and is of little use? Is there a way to change the proportions? Larger directory section and smaller map?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Did you click on the pencil icon in the lower right corner of that pane?
Is it hiding with the list of children?

So everything related to the directory is squished into a little 2-inch by 2-inch window while the map sits gloriously all over the rest of my screen and is of little use? Is there a way to change the proportions? Larger directory section and smaller map?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”