Tithes and Offerings online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
rayvaday

Tithes and Offerings online

Post by rayvaday »

I'm trying to upload my Australian Bank account details and it doesn't like my bsb number... When I enter the number a red outline shows an error has occurred. What can I do to fix this issue?
drepouille

Re: Tithes and Offerings online

Post by drepouille »

BSB format is 123-456
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mbandercoot

Post by mbandercoot »

To drepouille,
Yes, the BSB format is XXX-XXX, but how does that help? I also am trying to set up my Australian bank account so I can pay my tithes and offerings. Is this not possible? I notice the Church will no longer communicate with us directly...
anyone out there, thx!!!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I was quoting useful information from this thread:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=33081
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mbandercoot wrote:To drepouille,
Yes, the BSB format is XXX-XXX, but how does that help? I also am trying to set up my Australian bank account so I can pay my tithes and offerings. Is this not possible? I notice the Church will no longer communicate with us directly...
anyone out there, thx!!!
If I may respectfully correct the statement, "...the church will no longer communicate with us directly." Every member of the church is assigned to a ward or branch. The wards all have a bishop and the branches all have a branch president. They also all have a clerk. The clerk is the person best equipped to assist you with your question in your particular region and country.

If you need assistance setting up to do online donations, your local clerk is your first line for official church tech support. If he does not know, he should reach out to his Stake or District clerk for assistance. He also has the ability to contact the global service center (GSC) for assistance if the Stake or District clerk is unable to help him.
mbandercoot

Post by mbandercoot »

I must say that’s a very pious and useless statement.

If I was in contact with my ward clearly I wouldn’t be seeking information here, right?

I’m not near an Australian Ward and my ward in America doesn’t know about this.

I’m living in Australia and I just want to pay my tithes and offerings.

I’m guessing from your comments you haven’t the slightest idea.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mbandercoot wrote:If I was in contact with my ward clearly I wouldn’t be seeking information here, right?
A lot of people who attend their ward on Sundays end up here when they do a web search to try and resolve their problem.
mbandercoot wrote:I’m not near an Australian Ward and my ward in America doesn’t know about this.

If your membership records are in the US but you're trying to pay with a Australian bank account, that's going to be a problem. The system expects you to pay with a bank account that's in the same country as your membership record (and in the same currency).

Even if you aren't close to a ward, it would be unusual if you didn't live in the boundaries of some ward or branch. Church policy is that your membership records should be moved if you're going to be somewhere for 3 months or more. Either your old ward or the new one can move the records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mbandercoot wrote:I must say that’s a very pious and useless statement.

If I was in contact with my ward clearly I wouldn’t be seeking information here, right?

I’m not near an Australian Ward and my ward in America doesn’t know about this.

I’m guessing from your comments you haven’t the slightest idea.

Thanks.
I apologize if I offended and if my suggestion was considered unhelpful. It is true I have not the slightest idea about your specific situation, as that was not shared in your earlier post. This forum is user-to-user help, not an official support forum for the church. It is highly likely that no one posting on this forum will be able to give you advice that will help unless they have experienced your exact situation. The official support lines for the church are the feedback link at the bottom of the donation page and the clerk of your ward or branch. The feedback link does not always receive a quick response (though I understand all feedback is reviewed) which is why I recommended your clerk - they can work through others who will know the system and any special cases that can be accommodated.

I sincerely hope you are able to find a resolution to your problems with online donations.
carrierac

Post by carrierac »

I work in the USA and my family lives in Mexico. I am a member of a Mexico ward, but because my finances are in a US bank and not a Mexico bank, I would like to pay with my USA bank, but the system won't let me put in my USA bank account. Is there a way I can do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

carrierac wrote:I work in the USA and my family lives in Mexico. I am a member of a Mexico ward, but because my finances are in a US bank and not a Mexico bank, I would like to pay with my USA bank, but the system won't let me put in my USA bank account. Is there a way I can do this?
Send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org. They may be able to help you.

Note that if you're working (and presumably living in the US), it's probably better if your records are in the US. Your family's records can stay in Mexico.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”