Pre-1970 Conference Reports

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aarons-p40

Pre-1970 Conference Reports

Post by aarons-p40 »

Are there any plans to post Pre-1970 Conference Reports on LDS.org?

Thanks,

Aaron
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

aarons wrote:Are there any plans to post Pre-1970 Conference Reports on LDS.org?

Thanks,

Aaron
Personally I don't know the answer to your question, but it's an interesting one. I suggest you try going to http://lds.org and using the "Feedback" form at the top of any page. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks for your participation.
loghomebldr-p40

Post by loghomebldr-p40 »

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

loghomebldr wrote:You can find them here.

http://search.ldslibrary.com/scripture/view/77096
Good resource, but I'm not sure as it's official. At least it's not registered to the Church.

It's registered to Infobase Media Corp. I believe they've done projects with the Church in the past, so I'm sure it's not apostate, but I'm not sure about the status of this particular project.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Good resource, but I'm not sure as it's official. At least it's not registered to the Church.

It's registered to Infobase Media Corp. I believe they've done projects with the Church in the past, so I'm sure it's not apostate, but I'm not sure about the status of this particular project.

Although it is not technically official, Infobase Media Corp says on its About page:
Infobase Media has a strategic relationship with Deseret Book for content, marketing and product distribution of electronic texts found at LDSLibrary.com

And of course Deseret Book is clearly owned by the Church:
Deseret Book is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, the holding company for business firms owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Deseret Book is a profit-making Utah corporation.

So draw your own conclusions, but it seems quite reliable to me. They are certainly not a company that violates copyrights -- under legal agreements they do get their content from an official source.

Return to “General Discussions”