Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote:Could you please take a moment and explain the acronyms associated with the calendar like LCR etc.
LCR = Leader and Clerk Resources. It's something the clerks would use to record callings, but it's unlikely that you have any access to it. At least not as a Building Scheduler.

I would suggest reading the Help files that are part of the calendar. They should explain what you need to know.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Help files very helpful. Just that I see these acronyms sometimes and wonder what they mean.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You are always welcome to ask, and you should if you do not recognize any of them. It is easy to become familiar with some of the common ones and forget that those who do not usually work with them will not know what they mean.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

Please explain the acronym R/O used as “they should only have R/O rights”
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scrapsue wrote:Please explain the acronym R/O used as “they should only have R/O rights”
That's more of a IT acronym. R/O = Read Only.

In "calendar speak" that would be "View" as opposed to "Edit" or "Admin" rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

Is there a reason Last Modified By can’t be seen by anyone but Building Schedulers. Before the update it showed everyone who created the event, that way if people had questions or conflicts they knew who to call. Now only Building Schedulers can see this info. I realize you added the Organizer’s Information to cover that but we have a lot of activities that were created before the update and now that information can’t be seen.

I’m sorry to sound like I am gripping, but I’m just hoping to find answers or make you aware, since the Organizer’s Information isn’t a required field I feel that most people won’t see it or realize the need to fill it out. Also conflicts: when you get a conflict in the calendar it doesn’t show you who created the other event or mention that you should contact your building Scheduler for help as it did before or was the building schedule part added by our Stake?
kendraleighbaxter

Ward calendar editing

Post by kendraleighbaxter »

I am the ward Young Women's president, and I am wondering if I can get some help with editing my ward YW calendar. I have not had any problems scheduling events on the ward YW calendar, but when I went back in to remove an event there was no where to remove the event. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward calendar editing

Post by russellhltn »

kendraleighbaxter wrote:I have not had any problems scheduling events on the ward YW calendar, but when I went back in to remove an event there was no where to remove the event.
If you click on the event, then "event details", you should see a red "remove" button down at the bottom of the page.

ricnel

Post by ricnel »

I am the Ward Executive Secretary. Today I was asked by someone to cancel a wedding reception he had scheduled in our building for April 11th. I checked on my LDS Tools phone (android) app and couldn't find the reception as being booked. On this app, I have the calendar checked to display events scheduled in the "Jordan Heights Building Use." However, when I checked on my iPad, through LDS.org, I found the wedding reception was in fact booked for April 11. It was listed under the calendar "See Events By Location" and I have the calendar checked to display events booked at the "Jordan Heights Building." On both my phone and on my iPad I have the box checked for the specific building (Jordan Heights), but the event only shows up in my iPad, and not in my phone. On my phone app, I refreshed the calendar several times, and synced the LDS Tools app several times, but my phone won't show this event. Is this another glitch? Thanks for looking into this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Currently, it's not possible to see events by location anyplace other than LDS.org.

It sounded like someone created a calendar with the name of the building that's causing confusion. The events on that calendar should be moved to the correct calendar and that calendar deleted.

Return to “Calendar”