Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by sbradshaw »

dana.jeffs wrote:This new version 3.0 calendar software is so dysfunctional, I almost want to go back to a PC based piece of software. I saw this software for the first time yesterday, 2/28/19, It's horrible! 3.0 should have retained all of the good functionality and printing it had with the upgrade to 3.0 adding even more enhancements. On a scale of 0 - 10, the prior version probably had us at a level 7 or 8, but 3.0 took us back to a 2 or 3. It doesn't look like nearly enough testing of the software in a beta mode was done. I am just sick over it. Please put the prior version back online until the version is REALLY ready to implement.
According to a post above, they are working on fixing a bug with printing from the month view. What other issues are you seeing?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lewisnewton

Post by lewisnewton »

If we are talking about the new Calendar functionality on lds.org, I am also very upset about this. Printing for the old version would wrap entries nicely and nicely format the page. The new version just truncates the entries. Also the printed calendar is much harder to read as the fonts are not as crisp and dark. I tired to select Black & White see if it helps make it any easier to read the fonts, but it still prints color. The biggest problem for me, however, is the truncation of entries when printing. I hope they can provide access to the old printing engine. It worked really well.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:
Coming later.
1. Slim lds.org header so the month calendar can use more of the space.
2. Improve the print format for the month view. It cuts off the number of events for each day, black/white control doesn't work.
@lewisnewton. The above post makes it clear they are working on the printing issues you mention.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, the print function needs work and will be worked on it. Issues have been open. Please have patience and work with us. The many beta stakes just didn't print much I guess. The print function does not get used as much these days but we know it is needed for things like ward bulletins and ward histories. No, we cannot go back to the old calendar,

A new bug was found today for those who have out-of-unit callings. If you have an out-of-unit calling in another stake and have edit rights to calendars in that unit, you may not see those calendars in the pull down for creating an event and see a system error.

Getting all fixes out may be stalled as general conference approaches, but we will get a new build out. We are very careful during weeks prior and after to conference about making changes to our systems. We don't want to impact general conference at all. But during that time, we will be busy doing fixes.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I have noticed a change in 3.0...events that have setup and cleanup times do not show those on the displayed calendar (at least in week view). For example, I just put an event on for next Saturday from 2-4pm with 30 min of setup and 30 min of cleanup. When I saved the event and was taken back to the main week view where it showed it on the calendar as 2-4pm. In the previous version, there was a dotted area that showed that the actual event and the setup/cleanup times.

Is this how 3.0 is supposed to work?
casper684

Post by casper684 »

With regards to restrictions. Thank you for keeping!!!!!!! Just had problem come up and wondering solution?
Baptistry in another stake unavailable. No problem they have used ours in past. However, not quite sure of
times so I put in a restriction. Problem is no longer an option to choose restrict bldg for entire stake for event
period. So best I could do was restrict it so only MY ward could schedule, as no other option.

This block entire stake needs to return as sometimes a building has some type of repairs going on and
the bldg needs to be blocked. I realize you can't think of everything when making these changes.
You are just at our mercy to tell you what we are not so fond of that is missing :-) Thank you for all
you do but really I also prefer the old version.

In the help section of the calendar would appreciate screenshots for training purposes. Just a suggestion.

Reducing the size of the screen does help to see more events scheduled on one day. But having not a great
eyesight prefer the large size but will work with it.

Thank you.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

When I used to add events, I would put the name and phone number of the person requesting in the “Description “ field. Now, on the 3.0 version, I see the Requestor Name, Phone, and E-mail fields. Do these fields give some extra benefit to make me change my ways????
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RBeatse wrote:Do these fields give some extra benefit to make me change my ways????
Yes. They show up. The contact information is no longer the person who touched the event last as it was before. Someone still can edit the event, but now doing so does not "take over" the event. You can still leave another brother or sister as the contact point for those who have questions about the activity.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

lajackson wrote:
RBeatse wrote:Do these fields give some extra benefit to make me change my ways????
Yes. They show up. The contact information is no longer the person who touched the event last as it was before. Someone still can edit the event, but now doing so does not "take over" the event. You can still leave another brother or sister as the contact point for those who have questions about the activity.
Thanks! That makes sense. I will start to spread the word.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

And another related bug that we will fix is if you look at an event and you have read-only rights for the event, (perhaps looking at the building calendar) the unit that owns the calendar is missing and so is the last updater. We'll work on that. Those are there if you have read/write rights in the details.

Return to “Calendar”