Cell phones in Membership Directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
azgal-p40

Cell phones in Membership Directory

Post by azgal-p40 »

We live in a very rural area and the majority of homes do not have the availability of landlines. It would sure be a huge benefit if the individual cell phone numbers could be put in the membership directory, rather than one phone number for the family. My husband's cell phone is indicated as our "Phone number", but rarely can the sisters reach me through his cell phone. :o
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

azgal wrote:We live in a very rural area and the majority of homes do not have the availability of landlines. It would sure be a huge benefit if the individual cell phone numbers could be put in the membership directory, rather than one phone number for the family. My husband's cell phone is indicated as our "Phone number", but rarely can the sisters reach me through his cell phone. :o
This is a feature already being considered for a newer version of the Ward Websites (Local Unit Web Sites, or LUWS). If you search the forums a little bit, you will find that you are definitely not the first to request this, as this is a very popular feature request.
jtwitchell

Quick Suggestion

Post by jtwitchell »

Just as a quick solution, our ward likes to put all the cell numbers into the field and separate them with a "|". Usually, the head of the house is first, then subsequent numbers afterwards.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Return to “Membership Help”