Baptism and Conformation Certificate Not Sizing Correctly

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cole.chatterton

Baptism and Conformation Certificate Not Sizing Correctly

Post by cole.chatterton »

Hello,

This Sunday when I went to print a Baptism and Conformation certificate it appears to not be creating the PDF correctly. I have attached the certificate that is generated and covered all personal info. Anyone know if this is a bug or how to fix it? I have tried generating/printing this from an Apple iPad in Safari, Windows PC from Google Chrome. I have done a few of these before with no issue.

Thanks

CC
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Baptism and Conformation Certificate (PERSONAL INFO REDACTED)
(43.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kmilleca

Re: Baptism and Conformation Certificate Not Sizing Correctly

Post by kmilleca »

I'm seeing the same issue.
It must be some kind of a regression in the code base that will be need to be fixed by one of the programmers at Church headquarters.
I've tested on my Mac and on my wife's PC. Both render the certificate at about 80% of the normal size.
cole.chatterton

Post by cole.chatterton »

Thanks for confirming!
yakfixer

Post by yakfixer »

I am having the same problem with Priesthood Ordination certificates.
Also, the priesthood office of the two individuals is lower case. Is this correct? I looked back at certificates from my sons ordinations, and the priesthood offices are capitalized.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

yakfixer wrote:Also, the priesthood office of the two individuals is lower case. Is this correct?
That's the way they are listed in Handbook 2. For example 8.1.1.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

yakfixer wrote:Also, the priesthood office of the two individuals is lower case. Is this correct? I looked back at certificates from my sons ordinations, and the priesthood offices are capitalized.
That was a change that was made when the certificates were implemented in LCR. So it's been that way for a year or so.
kbennett605

Post by kbennett605 »

Was there any resolution to this issue, as I am experiencing the same issue? I have tried it at the clerk's office as well as at home. I have verified that the printer settings are correct and tried to increase the size using the printer program but although I can increase the size the image is shifted and there is no way to adjust the margins.

cole.chatterton wrote:Hello,

This Sunday when I went to print a Baptism and Conformation certificate it appears to not be creating the PDF correctly. I have attached the certificate that is generated and covered all personal info. Anyone know if this is a bug or how to fix it? I have tried generating/printing this from an Apple iPad in Safari, Windows PC from Google Chrome. I have done a few of these before with no issue.

Thanks

CC
yakfixer

Post by yakfixer »

Thanks for the feedback on the priesthood office capitalization.

So what will happen with the certificate sizing problem? Does someone at LDS IT monitor this forum, and initiate a fix? Are we supposed to report the problem? If so, what is the reporting method? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The powers that be are aware of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

yakfixer wrote:Does someone at LDS IT monitor this forum, and initiate a fix? Are we supposed to report the problem?
Although there are a couple programmers who occasionally visit the forum, there is no guarantee that they will see any given report. The official way to submit a report is via a Feedback link on lds.org or in LCR.

However, in this case, as russellhltn has indicated, we've already been told they they are now aware of the problem and that it will be addressed but we don't know what the timetable will be.

Return to “Membership Help”