Surplus Property Disposal

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cjohn1949

Surplus Property Disposal

Post by cjohn1949 »

We replaced our used digital keyboard with a new one. The old one still works, but is not dependable. Branch members are interested in getting the used one for themselves. May we just give it away, or is it better to donate it to D.I. or sell it somehow?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Surplus Property Disposal

Post by russellhltn »

I assume you mean a musical instrument. I'm not sure of the process. You may need to check with FM.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

If the FM group purchased the keyboard, then it needs to go back to them for disposal. They should have a record. If the stake/district ward/branch purchased it with their funds, then they can choose to sell it or donate it as they see fit under the direction of the unit's leadership.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cjohn1949

Post by cjohn1949 »

Yes, it is a musical instrument. Thanks for the information. I'll leave it to the branch presidency to decide.

Return to “General Discussions”