Finding members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

Finding members

Post by zaneclark »

Every year our bishopric sends out a Christmas letter to the ward. It has 2 purposes, the first is to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the second is to find which addresses are still valid. So far, the bishop has given me about 40 returned letters and I have been plowing through them to find a correct address. I have found one trick which has proved helpful when people search services can't find them. Every persons record has their parents listed. If the either of the parents are members, it gives the unit number of their current ward . Clicking on this number brings up the basic information on the name and location of the ward, the bishop, and his contact information. I send emails to the bishops asking them to contact the parents in the ward to see if they can help in finding their son or daughter. Most bishops respond and I have been able to send out some records to new locations.
drepouille

Re: Finding members

Post by drepouille »

I have tried that method as well, but with limited success. I had a subscription with BeenVerified.com, which I think was pretty good, but I have switched to InstantCheckmate.com to see if it yields better results. I use these services mainly for personal use, but they come in handy for my calling as well.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”