Windows Mobile 6 and Scripture downloads

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
MikeRJ-p40

Windows Mobile 6 and Scripture downloads

Post by MikeRJ-p40 »

I recently purchased a new phone which has Windows Mobile 6. I have installed EReader and it seems to work fine. Are there scriptures avaliable to download and install on my phone? I miss not having them for easy reference. I know that you can download off the church's website scriptures for ereader, but they are palm based (will they work?). Please help.
danpass

Post by danpass »

MikeRJ wrote:I recently purchased a new phone which has Windows Mobile 6. I have installed EReader and it seems to work fine. Are there scriptures avaliable to download and install on my phone? I miss not having them for easy reference. I know that you can download off the church's website scriptures for ereader, but they are palm based (will they work?). Please help.
For your purposes Windows Mobile and Pocket PC are one and the same. So go to the PDA section of Gospel Library and you will find a column labeled Pocket PC and a link to materials formatted for eReader.

Perhaps the Gospel Library page referenced above ought to be updated to say Windows Mobile rather than Pocket PC, or alternatively Windows Mobile/Pocket PC.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

MikeRJ wrote:I recently purchased a new phone which has Windows Mobile 6. I have installed EReader and it seems to work fine. Are there scriptures avaliable to download and install on my phone? I miss not having them for easy reference. I know that you can download off the church's website scriptures for ereader, but they are palm based (will they work?). Please help.
If you have internet service you can use the web edition of the scriptures. I have been using that version and it works well. It might not be as fast as the editions you buy and put on your system but it does work.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Confused

Post by kennethjorgensen »

I get lost with the many readers available for Windows Mobile to read the church material.

Has anybody got experience of what are the pro's and cons with them all?

What I would mostly be looking for would be the following:

1) Nice and easy navigation and grouping of the various books.
2) Search facility

or

1) Ability to open an ebook directly (bypass built-in menu navigation) and if possible go directly to a certain point within the book.
2) Search facility

The last one could then open up the possibility of creating a slicker user-defineable menu application that would launch the references in the supported reader.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

My phone (BlackJack II) also runs WM6 and I use the YanCEyWare reader. The reasons I enjoy it are spelled out pretty clearly in THIS thread.

Cheers.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhkinder-p40

Post by dhkinder-p40 »

I also use YanCEyWare on my Treo 750 (WM6). Some of the links don't work to download some of the ebooks. Otherwise works just fine!
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Mikerowaved wrote:My phone (BlackJack II) also runs WM6 and I use the YanCEyWare reader. The reasons I enjoy it are spelled out pretty clearly in THIS thread.

Cheers.
Yes I remember the thread as it was the one that made me install it again on my WM6.

I guess what I am ideally after is an offline reader looking like readscriptures.com (its near perfect in Firefox) (with user-definable menus) that can read the YBK ebooks (hence the ability to launch directly into the YanCEyWare reader). Probably dreaming but I might try and request the feature.
carljokl

Post by carljokl »

I use Yancyware Reader too on my HP IPaq which has been upgraded to Windows Mobile 6. One feature I wish it had though is to be able to search the whole scriptures for keywords instead of just the current chapter I am in.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”