Pay tithing online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
maarten2000

Re: Pay tithing online

Post by maarten2000 »

I would love to Pay my Tithing in Australia this way next year.
Pay it the same way using the same account by B.pay Is that ok??????
This is more convenient to me.
[Personal information has been deleted -- this is a public forum.]
I live in New zealand now .
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I believe Australia has an online donation system, but I am not familiar with it. I would suspect that it requires a bank account at an Australian bank. Your account in New Zealand probably would not work. Most online systems are country specific.

Your best source of information will probably be a ward clerk in Australia once you arrive there. He should be able to explain all of your options to you so that you may continue to contribute electronically, whether by way of a bank bill pay system or using a Church online donation system, if available in that country.
gtherone

Pay fast offerings to home ward

Post by gtherone »

I am a senior missionary serving in the United States and have been advised to pay my fast offerings to my home ward. Is there a way to do this on line?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If your home ward is in the U.S. and you are using a U.S. checking or savings account, then yes. You would contribute to the fast offering fund the same way you would pay tithing online. Go to donations.lds.org to begin the process. You will need your bank routing number and your account number the first time you contribute.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Generally the online donations "go" to the ward your membership record is located in. And since membership records are rarely transferred to the mission when serving a mission, it should work just fine. However, it requires that your home country has online donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

That is also contrary to the instructions in the Missionary Handbook, which say "Contribute fast offerings each fast Sunday in the ward where you serve." (See Missionary Handbook, p. 45).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:That is also contrary to the instructions in the Missionary Handbook, which say "Contribute fast offerings each fast Sunday in the ward where you serve." (See Missionary Handbook, p. 45).
True. Although it does say "Your mission president may adjust some of these standards as local circumstances require." (Introduction, page 1)

gtherone might want to find out where this instruction comes from.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In anticipation of the next question, when you begin contributing to the ward where you are living and serving, you will need to use one of the donation envelopes with the name of the bishop on it.

But this is only for fast offering. Everything else would go to your home ward and may be contributed electronically.
adielntuk

Post by adielntuk »

How can I pay Ttithing online in Africa?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

adielntuk wrote:How can I pay Tithing online in Africa?
Speak with your ward clerk to learn if there is a system in your country for making donations online. The Church has not set up systems to do so in all countries. Each system for contributing is country specific.

Return to “Online Donations”