Unable to sign in after password reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lajean01

Re: Unable to sign in after password reset

Post by lajean01 »

I am able to login to my account on my main computer, but I can't login on my iPad with the same username and password? What do I need to do to fix this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does your password contain something other than just numbers and letters?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What app are you using on your iPad when logging in? Are you logging into LDS.org in Safari? Or are you trying to log into a Church mobile app, like Gospel Library or LDS Tools?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
KRLee

Post by KRLee »

I am having a similar problem, except it is limited to signing in to Gospel Library on a Kindle. I can log in anywhere else (including to other sites like FamilySearch on the Kindle). Anyone have any idea how to find someone to contact about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KRLee wrote:I am having a similar problem, except it is limited to signing in to Gospel Library on a Kindle. I can log in anywhere else (including to other sites like FamilySearch on the Kindle). Anyone have any idea how to find someone to contact about this?
Does your password have anything other than letters and numbers? Some systems may not encode punctuation or symbols correctly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KRLee

Post by KRLee »

Yes it does, but it also had before I changed so I don't think that is the issue
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KRLee wrote:Yes it does, but it also had before I changed so I don't think that is the issue
Is it the same punctuation/symbol and in the same position (at the end or the middle)?

Only some characters have to be "escaped" to work. If you changed from one that didn't require "escaping" to one that does, that's likely the problem.

rocíosoto

Post by rocíosoto »

Buenas noches, la página me indica que mi. Usuario o contraseña están mal y no puedo entrar. Ya verifiqué y restablecí la contraseña, pero au' así no me deja entrar
clydewalterf

Post by clydewalterf »

We are working on trying to get my son back into his account. He has been locked out. We try off and on every couple of months with no luck. After reading the administrators post, we went into his phone to his gospel library app to see if that was the cause and he needed to log out of that app. However, he cannot log out because he is not logged in. He is completely locked out of LDS tools, lds.org and gospel library. We have the correct user name and password, and it keeps telling us that the user name and password are not recognized. If we try and go in with a membership number, it says that his account is unable to be retrieved through that method. Would love to know what to do next. he has an iPhone and a PC. Does anyone have any suggestions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

clydewalterf wrote:If we try and go in with a membership number, it says that his account is unable to be retrieved through that method.
He will need to speak with his ward clerk, who will help him contact the Global Service Center. They are the only ones who are able to correct this problem.

Return to “Church Account”