Attendance Rolls

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
drepouille

Re: Attendance Rolls

Post by drepouille »

scgallafent wrote:Another option would have been to have her log in and print the attendance rolls. She has that capability in the online tools.
I always want to teach them how to do it themselves, but I'm often afraid they will think I am a jerk for not doing it for them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

Very good point. But the trick is getting her to do it. Her "job" is to 'run the organization, not print up the rolls'. In the many years of being Financial Clerk (18 years, six Bishops, three Wards), I found that it was such a great 'service' I could render as I was in the Office, someone would stick their heads in, and ask if I could run a roll, and I could do it for them. Sometimes I would even be doing something else, a long involved project that perhaps that person wouldn't/shouldn't be privy to, and I could go 'over' that project, print out a quick roll, or even something else that I no longer have 'access' to, do it, solve their 'problem', and go back to my project. It was such a quick, simple, helpful service, that I now cannot perform.

I guess someone, somewhere decided that it would be a 'bad' thing if I could see a list of the kids in the CTR 8 class, or the names of the Priests in the Ward. Oh, well.
marting123

Post by marting123 »

Does anyone know what to do with old attendance rolls at the end of each quarter?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marting123 wrote:Does anyone know what to do with old attendance rolls at the end of each quarter?
Once the numbers are reported to the clerk, I don't think there's any directive on what's to be done with them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

marting123 wrote:Does anyone know what to do with old attendance rolls at the end of each quarter?
If they're not kept in a secure place with other membership or auxiliary records (they don't need to be unless you plan on referring back to them), I would recommend shredding them.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
yvesfurusho

Post by yvesfurusho »

Hi, I was just assigned as Sunday School secretary: why can't we have online attendance rolls? Can't we just enable other secretaries or teachers to do it online?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

yvesfurusho wrote:Can't we just enable other secretaries or teachers to do it online?
There is not a place in the software to record attendance online, so even if folks had privileges to do so, there is no way to do it currently.

If you feel strongly about having this capability, you might wish to make a suggestion through any of the LDS.org Feedback pages.
jtall@sbcglobal.net

Post by jtall@sbcglobal.net »

Not really sure if this is where to post this. My question is: We have a large number of inactive members whose names always print on the rolls each quarter. I want to only print those members that come regularly and print extra lines at the bottom in the event inactive members or visitors return. If they return to activity I can then check their names to print at the next quarter. But there is no way to do this that I can find. If I check the names, it print a list of those names with contact info, not an attendance roll.
Is there a way to do what I am asking?? I want to save ink and paper and streamline the rolls each quarter.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jtall@sbcglobal.net wrote:Is there a way to do what I am asking?
Attendance rolls cannot be customized in the manner you would like. Only the options for the organization, number of blank lines and the current or next quarter is available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davigillis

Post by davigillis »

An online option would be useful. Especially one that can generate a report to be used by the presidency to track attendance and spot tends.

Return to “Reports and Forms”