LDS Social Services

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thesmith7-p40

LDS Social Services

Post by thesmith7-p40 »

A thought on Social Services...Currently when a someone goes to see social services for counselling they send a bill to the ward who then cuts a check back to LDS Social Services.

Could these be handled in a similar way as Bishop Storehouse orders? i.e. Can this be paid directly from SLC? Seems kind of redundant to me to have to write a check for these. Also sometimes it is difficult from the bills I get to determine what has been paid and what has not.

Any thoughts anyone?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

thesmith7 wrote:A thought on Social Services...Currently when a someone goes to see social services for counselling they send a bill to the ward who then cuts a check back to LDS Social Services.

Could these be handled in a similar way as Bishop Storehouse orders? i.e. Can this be paid directly from SLC? Seems kind of redundant to me to have to write a check for these. Also sometimes it is difficult from the bills I get to determine what has been paid and what has not.

Any thoughts anyone?

Currently these are paid through Fast Offerings, which has two pieces of information that would not be available if it were done directly: the FO Code, and the FO Recipient. Especially the latter data point is very useful for bishops who are tracking expenditures. Now I know that Bishop's Storehouse orders are not handled this way, but it would actually be helpful to make the accounting for those orders more detailed, rather than backing off on the details for another whole set of welfare expenditures.

It's not a bad thing to have to wade through the bills to determine what has been paid; if the charges were debited automatically, it would be that much easier to let incorrect billings go uncorrected.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”