LDS.org not suggesting new ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rogerwisor

LDS.org not suggesting new ward

Post by rogerwisor »

I have several members to move out but les.org is not suggesting the new ward based on the new address. This is the first time I've experienced this. Anyone know if something had changed to the program?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS.org not suggesting new ward

Post by jdlessley »

When a ward is not suggested then there may be an issue with the new address provided. If there is an apartment number, lot number, or some other identifier for the address beyond the number and street name it needs to be put in the "street 2" line. Also check the spelling of all street names.

I always use the USPS Zip Code Lookup site to see what they have for the address I am entering to move the household or member to. Even though the USPS will put the apt #, lot #, and other address extensions on line 1, the move-out tool requires those to be on line 2, (street 2).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to what's been suggested above, try again. It's possible that a back-end service died and has since been restarted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

There have been some issues with USPS address correction lately (your profile doesn't indicate your location, so I don't know if you're in the USA). I don't know if that's related to the new ward finder service, or if it's a separate issue.

Is the unit lookup working for you at maps.lds.org?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”