IOS and Web App Sync Issues

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
carlfh1

IOS and Web App Sync Issues

Post by carlfh1 »

I've read through all of the forum postings I could find on syncing issues, and have not been able to resolve my problem, nor find any postings exactly like the problems I'm having.

1) I created a number of highlights and notes in a manual on LDS.org. They do not show up on my iPAD nor my iPhone. I've logged in and out of the LDS.org app multiple times, I've logged in and out of the app on both mobile devices mutliple times, and I've even deleted the app and re-installed it. All to no avail.
2) I highlighted a paragraph on my iPAD and added a note to it. Again, I logged out and back in both in the LDS.org and the iPAD. When I look at that article (a Sunday School lesson) on LDS.org, I see a different, but near by paragraph highlighted with the note. If I look at the same article on my iPhone, it is highlighted properly.

I'm at a loss on anything else to do. I've tried this with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Same result on all three. I have the current version of the App on my mobile devices; I just deleted the app and re-installed it today.

Any suggestions that would resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Carl Turner
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: IOS and Web App Sync Issues

Post by lajackson »

carlfh1 wrote:Any suggestions that would resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, the resolution is that LDS.org needs to be reprogrammed.

As you have seen, it is able to pass your highlights between devices, for the most part.

LDS.org itself does not display your highlights properly because it counts words differently than the Gospel Library app. For example, the 4th, 5th, and 6th words of a verse are the same in your mobile device apps, but not at LDS.org because of the way it counts. So the 4, 5, and 6 get passed through and display correctly on your mobile devices, but not at the main site. I believe I read in another post that it had something to do with the way punctuation is handled, but whatever the reason, it is different.

As for adding a highlight at LDS.org and it not going out to your devices, I believe that was a bug, or that they turned it off until they are able to get the word counting problem fixed.

The programming at LDS.org is a ways behind the programming of the apps, both iOS and Android. I understand there is some effort going on to get caught up, but it's probably that same guy who is keeping up with everything else at LDS.org and is a little behind. I hope they gave him today off to be with his family.
nantoda

Post by nantoda »

Wanted to add an update to this post. I am seeing the same issues between iOS and lds.org. At this point, there doesn't seem to be any syncing going on between the two. This may be because of the previous poster's issues where they would not sync correctly. So they may have just disabled it altogether. Hoping for a resolution soon....
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on the "New Experience" content pages (Gospel Library Online), or the older content pages? Syncing should work correctly to and from the newer pages.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”