LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:I must be missing something.
I have created my account on the new ldsaccount.lds.org site but when I attempt to login to the wiki it's not recognizing the account. There's no place on the wiki to create an account even though it says so in the upper-right corner.

I realize this isn't a big deal but I'm trying to understand what's being told to me and it's not making sense.
Also, just to make sure you caught this, there is a big difference between the LDS Tech wiki and the Family Search wiki.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan,

I've confirmed that I'm using the new logon for ldsaccounts.lds.org and I'm aware of the case sensitivity.
I can logon just fine at the ldsaccounts.lds.org web site, it just doesn't do me any good for the wiki.

Is there a time lag between the creation of the account when it's available?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:Alan,

I've confirmed that I'm using the new logon for ldsaccounts.lds.org and I'm aware of the case sensitivity.
I can logon just fine at the ldsaccounts.lds.org web site, it just doesn't do me any good for the wiki.

Is there a time lag between the creation of the account when it's available?
It's conceivable that there would be a time lag, but I do not know the servers involved. As I understand it, the LDS Account is authenticated against an LDAP server, but I don't know if that LDAP server is the official LDS Account server or if there is some intermediate server that depends on data being propagated.

TomW or mkmurray, could you comment on this?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's conceivable that there would be a time lag, but I do not know the servers involved. As I understand it, the LDS Account is authenticated against an LDAP server, but I don't know if that LDAP server is the official LDS Account server or if there is some intermediate server that depends on data being propagated.

TomW or mkmurray, could you comment on this?
Tom just informed me that they are aware of a synicing issue that takes longer than they would expect it to. Tom said it will sync, but it takes a few hours. They are working to eliminate the wait time or at least minimize it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Thanks everyone!
I appreciate the help. I'll give it a few hours and try again.
Great forum!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Were you able to login? Just checking to see if the sync is caught up or not.

Tom
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Tom,

Sorry. Yes, I was able to login a hour or so after my first attempt.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Church Account”