First Presidency Letters

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davidjellis76

First Presidency Letters

Post by davidjellis76 »

It would be nice to have the letters from the First Presidency that are available to the general membership.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: First Presidency Letters

Post by jdlessley »

Not all First Presidency letters are intended to viewed by the general membership even though some may be read, as directed, from the pulpit . But the LDS Church News will occasionally publish those letters that the Church chooses to make public. These are collected on a web page titled First Presidency Letters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
traceycook

Re: First Presidency Letters about Pickleball

Post by traceycook »

I need a copy of the letter the First Presidency issued concerning the approval of Pickleball lines to be painted gym floors.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: First Presidency Letters about Pickleball

Post by lajackson »

traceycook wrote:I need a copy of the letter the First Presidency issued concerning the approval of Pickleball lines to be painted gym floors.
I doubt there is any such letter. However, your FM Group will have information on how cultural hall floors are to be maintained in meetinghouses.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Agreed this is an FM issue and they'll have that letter, good luck if your FM doesn't want to do it. But maybe someone will take mercy on you from this forum and get you a copy.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:But maybe someone will take mercy on you from this forum and get you a copy.
I searched "letters" for "pickle ball" and "pickleball" and found nothing. But then again, this might be a very old letter superseded by current instructions. I also checked the Physical Facilities Guidelines and found nothing. Bu then, that document doesn't really go into that kind of detail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Ya, I'm sure that it's a letter to FM specifically, we're not going to have access. However, it used to be that members of this board were 'imbedded' with FM at the regional layer and we've seen some of the FM distributed items.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “General Discussions”