MLS with High Speed

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
croftt-p40

MLS with High Speed

Post by croftt-p40 »

Just quick question...
When I run high speed to all the clerks computers do I need to configure anything within MLS itself to begin using the network connection instead of the dialup connection? Or does it just pick it up on its own?

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Go to System Options, click on the System tab, and make sure you check either Use Internet or Auto Detect. A few versions ago, Auto Detect did not work well, but I hear it does now.

If you wind up selecting Use Internet, be sure to remember that if you ever need to go back and use the phone line dialup.
rhusted-p40

Meetinghouse Broadband MLS Setup

Post by rhusted-p40 »

lajackson wrote:Go to System Options, click on the System tab, and make sure you check either Use Internet or Auto Detect. A few versions ago, Auto Detect did not work well, but I hear it does now.

If you wind up selecting Use Internet, be sure to remember that if you ever need to go back and use the phone line dialup.

MLS MENU SELECTION:
1. EDIT
2. SYSTEM OPTIONS (open System Options Tab)
3. SYSTEM (left side menu)
4. Dialer Options: select "Auto Detect" or "Use Internet" (if your internet connection is extremely reliable)
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rhusted wrote:MLS MENU SELECTION:
1. EDIT
2. SYSTEM OPTIONS (open System Options Tab)
3. SYSTEM (left side menu)
4. Dialer Options: select "Auto Detect" or "Use Internet" (if your internet connection is extremely reliable)
As an added note, leave the dial-up cable connected and provide instructions to be able to switch back to dial-up should the high speed DSL not be available. It's a good backup.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”