Send/Receive Errors Today

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

I tried another send/receive on my stake computer on the way home from work this afternoon and received the same server error message I received on Sunday. The send/receive was sucessful on my ward computer this morning. I guess the servers went down again, although a check with the CHQ recording says the servers are up.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

DJC wrote:It appears to be a database problem on the back end servers. Possibly the same as last week. No ETA on when they will be back up, but I will post as soon as I hear word.
I called the membership department this afternoon to clear a "security transmission" error.
While I was on the phone I inquired as to the problem on Sunday and was told that it was a hardware failure. He didn't elaborate, but let's hope that whatever it was that's it's been nailed.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

gpetersen wrote:I tried another send/receive on my stake computer on the way home from work this afternoon and received the same server error message I received on Sunday.
I had one clerk report success this morning, but another reported that when he stopped in after work today he got the time out error three times in a row. Something's going on...
JLR
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

JLRose wrote:I had one clerk report success this morning, but another reported that when he stopped in after work today he got the time out error three times in a row. Something's going on...
crislapi mentioned a few posts ago (http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... #post18180) the need to reboot computers to get the transmission to go through. This might be a good suggestion for those of you still getting errors.
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:crislapi mentioned a few posts ago (http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... #post18180) the need to reboot computers to get the transmission to go through. This might be a good suggestion for those of you still getting errors.

I think he was referring to pc's that were already running MLS and failed in their send/receive. My attempt this afternoon was on a cold pc that I had just been powered up.
opee

October 19th 2008 connection issues

Post by opee »

I am having failures in connecting via High Speed Connection. Not sure if others are having the same issue today.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I'm not seeing connection errors. Rather the error appears to be related to the transmission of the Temple Recommend updates, which would possibly restrict them to Stake transmissions only as wards do not update these items. Just a thought.

I'm wondering if it might be a fall-out of this past Friday's upgrades or a new issue?
Either way there's no-one at CHQ today so we're probably going to have to wait until Monday to find out.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
opee

Post by opee »

I just tried it again, and it worked ok.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Are you transmitting as a ward or stake?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:Either way there's no-one at CHQ today...
Is that really true? I was under the impression you could call the Clerk Support line and have someone answer, like a service missionary or something.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”