LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

Post by russellhltn »

As you may have noticed, your LDS Account login name automatically becomes your publicly visible "screen name" when you come into the forum.

Since you probably weren't aware that when you chose your login, it's understandable that you may want to change it. That's easy to do by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org.

Unfortunately, changing your name will break the connection to your forum account. When you come back in, it will be with a new account under your new name. Simply drop a PM to one of the forum Community Administrators, either mkmurray or myself RussellHltn and we'll combine your old account into your new one.

While you're checking out your profile, you might want to enter what country you are in for the location field. Otherwise, other forum members are likely to assume you are in the U.S. when they give advice. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kathytousley

Re: LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

Post by kathytousley »

Will changing my "screen name" make it so my family search won't work any more? or are these different things?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wouldn't expect it to, but you'd have to ask the people in FamilySearch to be sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rwjw284

Post by rwjw284 »

Do you change my password every month? Seems every time I want to pay tithing etc. I have to get a new password!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rwjw284 wrote:Do you change my password every month? Seems every time I want to pay tithing etc. I have to get a new password!!
Some people who are employees of the church or have certain callings have to change their password periodically.

If you go to ldsaccount.lds.org, and see a "Workforce" tab on the left, then that would explain the need to change the password.

Return to “Help with this forum”