Setting a new password button won't work

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
curlycat63

Setting a new password button won't work

Post by curlycat63 »

Forgetting password procedure has the "setting new password" issue. After making a new password, then try to press "set the new password" button. It occurs nothing happening. Please let me know if the issue is already resolved or not. My email address is curlycatblue@gmail.com. Thank you

Win 8.1
IE browser

Curtis
Serena93

Re: Setting a new password button won't work

Post by Serena93 »

I have the same issue. I try to reset my password but the 'set new password' button is not working when I click on it. Nothing happens. Is it already clear how to solve this problem?
moosey2_t

Post by moosey2_t »

We are also having the same problem with the new password not working. We are trying to register for FSY and my son can't remember his password. We tried to change it, but the password change button doesn't do anything. Please help!!
bwintz

Post by bwintz »

I've been having the same problem for like a year. But I just figured out that if you have a family search account, your family search account and lds.org account are linked. So if you change your password for your family search account it will automatically change your password for your lds.org account. I just did it and it worked. Also works for lds tools.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Another thing to try is using a different web browser.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
CWSpear

Post by CWSpear »

I wasn't able to change my password via the account page (i.e. I was already logged in) unless I was on Chrome. My first suggestion would be to try Chrome (and for others having similar issues, be sure to mention what browser you're using when you post here).
mathieupoirier

Post by mathieupoirier »

Thank you guys, i was struggling with that issue for mounths!

Return to “Church Account”