Can someone grant access to LCR for other callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Joslynkp

Can someone grant access to LCR for other callings

Post by Joslynkp »

I am the compassionate service coordinator in my ward. I have a committee with two additional members. We organize meals and service for the sisters in our ward as well as deliver birthday treats. Neither I or my committee has access to LCR so we have to ask the Relief Society presidency to send us the names of the visiting teachers and home teachers of families that we are organizing service for. We also have to ask them to send us a list of birthdays for the month, which they are unable to print so I am receiving multiple screenshots. We would like to be given access to visiting/home teachers, and birthdays to better serve our calling and to take some of the weight off of the R.S. presidency. Is there a way to do that?
eblood66

Re: Can someone grant access to LCR for other callings

Post by eblood66 »

I'm afraid that access is strictly based on callings and the rights each calling gets is determined by the general authorities in charge of those systems. There is no way for a unit to grant rights to additional callings.

However, the RS secretary should be able to create a birthday list as a PDF without a problem. If they can't then a clerk can.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Joslynkp wrote:I am the compassionate service coordinator in my ward. I have a committee with two additional members. We organize meals and service for the sisters in our ward as well as deliver birthday treats. Neither I or my committee has access to LCR so we have to ask the Relief Society presidency to send us the names of the visiting teachers and home teachers of families that we are organizing service for.... We would like to be given access to visiting/home teachers, and birthdays to better serve our calling and to take some of the weight off of the R.S. presidency. Is there a way to do that?
No. Access to LCR is granted by calling. The calling a person has determines what features they can access in LCR (or whether they have access to LCR at all). No one has the ability to grant access to anyone beyond those access rules that are built into the system.
Joslynkp wrote:We also have to ask them to send us a list of birthdays for the month, which they are unable to print so I am receiving multiple screenshots.
The Birthday List should be easy to print, specifying 12 months starting in January. That's something the RS secretary could do, which you could then work off of, making adjustments or reprinting as sisters move in or out. I checked the Access Table, and the RS Presidency has access. And anyone who has access to the Birthday List should be able to print it -- I just did so with no difficulty.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Wards and Stakes often configure their org structures vastly differently, there is just no way to account for items like this. If I were in this situation, I'd talk to the RS President and suggest either a counselor or the secretary be added to the committee to accommodate the things you're being asked to do that you don't have access to, Simple and easy solution to the situation.

Its not just you there are often things that a Bishop/Stake President/Clerk have access to that Counselors don't have access to. The idea is limit access to personal information to the smallest number of people that will still allow the template organization to work.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mevans

Post by mevans »

Besides going to one of the ward clerks, as someone had suggested, you could also ask the RS secretary to get the report. Such a task might fit will with someone who has the secretary calling.
nbingham1

Post by nbingham1 »

I have a ward that has called two assistant clerks but there is only space in the ward callings list for one. How do I list the calling for the ward assistant clerk and still give him access? If I create the calling in other he has no access rights. Any options there. There is a space for an assistant finance clerk but I think that will give the incorrect access. Please advise.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You should be able to add any number of ward assistant clerks, using the dropdown menu.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nbingham1 wrote:I have a ward that has called two assistant clerks but there is only space in the ward callings list for one. How do I list the calling for the ward assistant clerk and still give him access?
Go to the Bishopric organization, click the Add Another Calling link and select Ward Assistant Clerk under Standard Callings from the drop down box that appears.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

I agree that Compassionate Service Leader should have access to assigned Ministering Brothers and Sisters
goodwinfam

Post by goodwinfam »

I am a Stake Relief Society President. One of the wards RS Service Coordinator is having this same challenge. She used to have access to LCR (ministering assignments) so that she could assign service with ministering as the key focus. But was recently unable to access ministering anymore. Her calling relies on ministering information (who is assigned to who) in order to organize and delegate service. It is difficult for her to be having to ask the RS president for this information--this calling has sudden needs arise and having the Tools available to her is key. I believe this is an oversight where simply, it is not understood that this calling needs access to key information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”