New and Returning Member Progress - editable?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
galenraines

New and Returning Member Progress - editable?

Post by galenraines »

Has anyone been able to successfully convert this PDF into a functional editable document? I have used basic online document converters (e.g. PDF to Word), but the document is so heavily formatted that it makes it near impossible to edit.

Thanks!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: New and Returning Member Progress - editable?

Post by Mikerowaved »

After trying several free and trial PDF converters, I had a nice surprize when I uploaded my PDF to Google Docs. They did the best job of conversion for my doc. Of course, YMMV depending on the way your doc is formatted.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
galenraines

Post by galenraines »

Thanks a lot Mikerowaved. Once you have uploaded to Drive, do you open the PDF with Google Docs to be able to edit? When I do this, the document converts as if i had copied all the info and pasted into a text file. There is no real formatting. It is like it goes from one extreme to another.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect, what you want is the make the form fillable, but populated with the current data. That's a bit more complex.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JonSevy

Post by JonSevy »

I just opened the .pdf downloaded from
[PDF]New and Returning Member Progress Form
https://www.lds.org/bc/.../PD50020824-m ... rm-eng.pdf

...directly into Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Went to tools column on the right and chose Fill & Sign

Double click where I want to type, and start typing.

Use mouse or arrow keys to move text exactly where I want it.

Easy-peasy.
ericawaite

Post by ericawaite »

I can fill this out offline - but the real power of the data behind it, would be to share it and track it, online with the ward council and not have an off line - separate sheet that is easily lost or overlooked when there is a calling change or transition. Why could this form not be stored online with the ability to update in real time, similar to Interview and Action List for a Bishop?
ethanselph

Post by ethanselph »

We converted it to a Google Doc and now the assigned ward council member can edit it while the bishop, ward mission leader, and member view it real time. Really awesome! :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Be very careful about what's stored on a non-church service like Google Docs. It shouldn't be anything confidential.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

ethanselph

Post by ethanselph »

Gotcha.
ethanselph

Post by ethanselph »

In the upper right hand corner you can share with specific people so that it's private. Basically it was a form that was built that looks similar to the new and returning progress sheet.

Return to “General Discussions”