Youth Activities Planner entries in Ward Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
LoganSheen1979

Youth Activities Planner entries in Ward Calendar

Post by LoganSheen1979 »

Is there a reason why entries in the Youth Activities Planner do not show up in the Ward Calendar? The general interface for the planning of activities is great, and something we can do with youth leaders, but where those don't show up in the Ward Calendar, it's difficult to tell ward members, "Go look at the calendar" when that's not where things exist.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Youth Activities Planner entries in Ward Calendar

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't have access to the Youth Activities Planner tool, but I thought I read somewhere when it was introduced that there was a way to "push" events from there to the regular LDS.org Calendar. Is that option there?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
LoganSheen1979

Post by LoganSheen1979 »

I did not see that as an option anywhere
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I stand corrected – I do have access to the Youth Activities Planner tool.

I see an "Add to Calendar" link at the bottom after creating an activity. Are you an editor for any ward calendars? Maybe you have to be added as a calendar editor, and then the button will show up? For example, I am an editor for my stake calendar, so I see an "Add to Stake Calendar" button. I don't have any options to add it to my ward calendar (I'm not an editor on any ward calendars).
screenshot_333.png
(158.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:I see an "Add to Calendar" link at the bottom after creating an activity. Are you an editor for any ward calendars? Maybe you have to be added as a calendar editor, and then the button will show up? For example, I am an editor for my stake calendar, so I see an "Add to Stake Calendar" button. I don't have any options to add it to my ward calendar (I'm not an editor on any ward calendars).
I'm an editor for ward calendars (but not stake calendars) and it shows "Add to Ward Calendar" for me. So I expect you're right.
BrynWeekes

Post by BrynWeekes »

im the new president how do i add events in the ward calendar
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrynWeekes wrote:im the new president how do i add events in the ward calendar
New callings can take up to 24 hours for all the permissions to start to work. After that, you need to talk to the bishopric. Who has rights to add events to what calendar is completely up to the ward.

As for actually adding events, if you go to the calendar on the LDS web page, if you click on a date, you should get a prompt to add an event.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

As the person that oversees our Stake's calendaring, I am intrigued by this Youth Activity Planning. If it really puts items on the Ward/Stake calendar since I do not see (from the screenshot above) any place to put what building/resource it would use to add it. If it adds it without an actual resource mapped, then it could cause folks to think they have a room that they do not. Hmmmm! And would it show a conflict if there was one?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:If it adds it without an actual resource mapped, then it could cause folks to think they have a room that they do not.
Since I don't think they input a location, hopefully they're not under that impression.
RBeatse wrote:Hmmmm! And would it show a conflict if there was one?
No resource, no conflict (according to the system). However, someone may notice that it's scheduled the same time as something else when they look at their calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryansdaniel

Post by ryansdaniel »

I have been trying to link the youth planning calendar from youth.lds.org to the ward calendar, but it won't link. I do have access to add activities to the ward calendar, as the second counselor in the Young Men Presidency; however, is there a way to link the two as to make youth planning more streamlined?

Return to “Calendar”