Reset lds.org account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bradh

Reset lds.org account

Post by bradh »

I have a member of my ward that does not remember their login for LDS.org. AND they no longer have access to the email address it was setup with. So requesting the user info will not work for them. Is there anyway to have the account reset so that they can create a new login with a new email address?
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Reset lds.org account

Post by techgy »

bradh wrote:I have a member of my ward that does not remember their login for LDS.org. AND they no longer have access to the email address it was setup with. So requesting the user info will not work for them. Is there anyway to have the account reset so that they can create a new login with a new email address?
There are several options for resetting the password on an LDS Account. One of them will require the individual to provide their membership number. Once access is granted they can then provide a new Email. Have them go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and follow the instructions on the "Can't Sign In".
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Even if the e-mail address used to sign up for an LDS Account is no longer valid a user can recover their username and password.

Have the member go to the LDS Account sign in page and click the "Can't Sign In?" button. On the LDS Account Support page click "How do I recover my user name?". On the "Forgot Your User Name?" page check the checkbox for "I don't have/remember my e-mail". Then select "Yes" for "Are you an LDS Church member?". The member will then be prompted to enter his/her MRN and birthdate. After a pop-up box asking the member to confirm whether the individual information is him/her is acknowledged, the user is shown the registered e-mail address and given the opportunity to change it. Once the e-mail address is changed the user will be taken back to the "Forgot Your User Name?" page to enter the e-mail address now registered to the user account. When the member completes that page an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address with a instructions to recover the username and password.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

sbradshaw wrote:It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.
Why?

Surely a member, at some point, needs to take responsibility for their own log in?
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.
I'm a clerk and I did this, but not in the way you envision: I went to the member's house and helped him through the "Can't Sign In" steps. We got him reset and logging in again.
ZENZELENGUBS

Post by ZENZELENGUBS »

No it will still not work that way.

first step is to help then get a new email or use the current available one that their are using, then update it on their membership record. Then you can help them recover their LDS Account
dcannon58

Post by dcannon58 »

I am a ward financial clerk. I have an 87 year old member who does not have internet access and does not have a computer. She is under IRS audit and needs her LDS Official Tax Statements for 2014 to 2017. I was able to print out her statements for 2015, 2016 and 2017 (as I can do this for all ward members). This ward member stated she set up an LDS account five years ago. She does not know what a user ID or password are. Please advise how I can assist this member in getting her 2014 Official Tax Statement as she is not going to be able to do this on her own, and the response to other posts on this site indicate this can only be accomplished by the member. Frankly, it seems the best way for resolution is for your office to have direct contact with this member. I am happy to provide her contact info. I don't believe she is capable of getting online access and setting up an account on her own. Please advise of course of action for this member.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dcannon58 wrote:She is under IRS audit and needs her LDS Official Tax Statements for 2014 to 2017. I was able to print out her statements for 2015, 2016 and 2017 (as I can do this for all ward members).
Given that I can't see a 2014 statement on my account, I doubt if getting access to her LDS Account is going to help. I think you're going to have to contact support to see if they can generate one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dcannon58 wrote:I am a ward financial clerk. I have an 87 year old member who does not have internet access and does not have a computer. She is under IRS audit and needs her LDS Official Tax Statements for 2014 to 2017. I was able to print out her statements for 2015, 2016 and 2017 (as I can do this for all ward members). This ward member stated she set up an LDS account five years ago. She does not know what a user ID or password are. Please advise how I can assist this member in getting her 2014 Official Tax Statement as she is not going to be able to do this on her own, and the response to other posts on this site indicate this can only be accomplished by the member. Frankly, it seems the best way for resolution is for your office to have direct contact with this member. I am happy to provide her contact info. I don't believe she is capable of getting online access and setting up an account on her own. Please advise of course of action for this member.
The forums are just user-to-user help. We're all just clerks and other local leaders without any special access. Contact information for local unit support can be found in the Help Center. You'll need to contact them on her behalf. They can probably generate a statement and send it to you.

Your other alternative is to sit down with her at a computer (possibly the clerk computer) and help her recover her LDS Account username and password and then help her access her donation statement. To recover her user name you would start at https://ldsaccount.lds.org, select the 'Forgot you username?' link and then use the MRN option for recovery.

Return to “Church Account”