Gospel Library Online

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
GrasseDD

Gospel Library Online

Post by GrasseDD »

https://lds.org/languages/eng/lib
I've used it a few times over the past week, but only because I accidentally stumbled upon it. There is no link to it on lds.org, nor does it appear in a search (lds.org or Google), and no mention of it anywhere in the tech.lds.org forum.
Does anyone know its origin or destiny?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library Online

Post by lajackson »

It appears to be exactly as the Gospel Library app index when GL first starts. Same categories, same order. The only items missing are Notes and Tips.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. Maybe that's why "Notes" isn't getting fixed. The developers may be too close to launch to bother fixing something they're about to kill. It looks like the logical successor to "scriptures and notes".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I don't think they are about to kill Notes. I think that item would need to be tailored for each individual user and would not work as a general function at that web page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I don't think they are about to kill Notes.
Not the concept, but the old way things are presented may have created a challenge in transferring information between web and mobile. With this, they're working with a common interface.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

See https://www.lds.org/church/news/access- ... uage-pages for more information about this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:See https://www.lds.org/church/news/access- ... uage-pages for more information about this.
Any word on what's happening to the older Notes and Journals? People have been having problems with the system for days now.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I started a new thread about this:
Notes, journal, Duty to God issues resolved
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:I started a new thread about this:
Notes, journal, Duty to God issues resolved
Ah, I just saw "Duty to God" and didn't notice it included Journal and Notes.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”