Membership number confusion

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mcguires

Membership number confusion

Post by mcguires »

When I log in to LDS.org using my user name and password my name and information comes up. However when I am trying to fill out an application for a service mission and log-in using my user name and password it tells me that I am filling out the application and it is under my husbands name. I am using the same user name and password. How can I get my husbands name off of my membership number so that I can complete a mission application?

Sharon
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership number confusion

Post by russellhltn »

When you go to ldsaccount.lds.org, what birth date is listed? Yours, or your husband's?

I suspect the problem is that you have his MRN recorded on your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mcguires

Post by mcguires »

It is my birthday and my membership number listed.
mcguires

Post by mcguires »

I even submitted the information to get my user name and password by entering my membership number and birthday. I used that user name and entered a new password - the profile shows it is me, with my birthday - yet my husbands name comes up when I go to fill out the application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ok, that's odd. Is the rest of the information at ldsaccount.lds.org correct for you?

The only other thing I can think if is that it's not really the site that's confused, but that your browser is auto-filling your husband's information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”