Mormon.org Video Problems

Discussions about other Church websites
Nic_Rossi-p40

Mormon.org Video Problems

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

I've tried viewing the new videos on the new Mormon.org website in Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, all to no avail. Why aren't the videos available?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

It takes quite a while for the video to start. I'm guessing that it is because they are in such a high definition. Did you give it plenty of time to start?

Tom
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Please forgive me if this seems like an obvious question, but unlike videos on other websites, these don't start automatically. Did you perhaps not press the "Play" button found on the video screen?

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I wonder why video in Church's web sites need a Windows or Mac OS.
I can view, with my linux box, almost all video in the net, why not from church's site?
Which is the benefits using Web Windows Media Player instead of sharing video file as you do with tech talk?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
Nic_Rossi-p40

Video Problems

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

It seems to work, but takes quite a long time to load. In an investigator's shoes, I don't think I'd wait four or five minutes to watch a video that has a running time of 1:34 (God Speaks Today). I'm running on a Comcast cable modem connection and using a Mac.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm also running Comcast broadband, but using Vista. It only took about 10 seconds to buffer enough to begin playing. Don't have a Mac to test it with, so I'm not really sure why it took so long for you.

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Websites”