Year end statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Year end statements

Post by russellhltn »

tdye wrote:I have my fingers crossed that CHQ will release the statement before this Sunday, since our ward won't have regularly scheduled meetings the final Sunday of the month due to a regional broadcast. Otherwise, looks like I have a bright future of envelope stuffing ahead of me.
If my prediction holds true, you may have a busy Saturday printing so you can distribute Sunday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bill.ward.35

Post by bill.ward.35 »

I surely would like to get them printed and stuffed in envelopes before I go on vacation Jan. 25th. From this clerk's perspective, the instructions in first information given were quite ambivalent. The subsequent changes to the software that now require selection of the year will prevent accidental printing of 2016 when 2017 is desired. WOULD IT BE UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT AN UNAMBIVALENT MESSAGE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR TELLING CLERKS WHAT TO EXPECT SO THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO CHECK EVERY DAY TO SEE IF THEY CAN DO THEIR JOBS? Even a message at this time re: availability of tax notices, would help a lot.
tdye

Post by tdye »

bill.ward.35 wrote: The subsequent changes to the software that now require selection of the year will prevent accidental printing of 2016 when 2017 is desired.
Selecting the year can prevent accidental printing of the prior years statement when requesting an individual donor statement, but when you click on the Year End Statement tab the Tithing settlement area on LCR on January 7th, and see the batch file there for the entire ward, an eager finance clerk that wants to get statements out to the ward early can easily assume that the batch file is for the most recent year, and will print the file.

Ask me how I know that :-). After printing a half ream of paper worth of 2016 statements, and handing about 125 out to ward members, a kindly member pointed out they were the wrong ones! Oddly enough, that old batch file mysteriously disappeared from the Year End Statements tab sometime in the week after I printed the wrong ones. Oh well, blessings for all the extra effort right?

I did receive an email this afternoon that the year end statements are now available. This looks like an email sent out to the general membership, rather than to clerks, as the instructions are for pulling your individual statement, and the batch file for the ward isn't posted in the Year End Statements tab on LCR yet. I did get a chuckle out of the fact that the email subject line states "Official Tax Statement (2017) is available" while the first line of the email body says in bold font "The 2016 Official Tax Summary Statement is now available." Apparently I'm not the only one that can't keep the year straight! I don't feel so lonely now.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tdye wrote:I did receive an email this afternoon that the year end statements are now available. This looks like an email sent out to the general membership, rather than to clerks, as the instructions are for pulling your individual statement, and the batch file for the ward isn't posted in the Year End Statements tab on LCR yet. I did get a chuckle out of the fact that the email subject line states "Official Tax Statement (2017) is available" while the first line of the email body says in bold font "The 2016 Official Tax Summary Statement is now available." Apparently I'm not the only one that can't keep the year straight! I don't feel so lonely now.
I received the same email with the same discrepancies. My 2017 U.S. Tax Statement is available at the Donations site this evening.

Long live cut and paste without proofreading.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It must be "in progress". I've neither received the email, nor can I see it in on-line donations.

It looks like my "just before 3rd Sunday" prediction was pretty close.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It looks like my "just before 3rd Sunday" prediction was pretty close.
Well, at least for some of us. [smile]
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

I also received the email and can now print out the statements for 2017. But I saw the same thing mentioned here. For a few days a while ago I could print them for 2017 and then there was suddenly no access for that year. Now there is again.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”