Stock Contributions to Local Mission Fund

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
PDiedrich-p40

Post by PDiedrich-p40 »

We have a case where a stock contribution from a member in another Stake was made to support a missionary from our Ward. The Stock contribution went to Salt Lake and I got a letter to the effect that it had been received. I don't know how to get the contribution associated with the proper local missionary account in MLS. Can anyone help?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PDiedrich wrote:We have a case where a stock contribution from a member in another Stake was made to support a missionary from our Ward. The Stock contribution went to Salt Lake and I got a letter to the effect that it had been received. I don't know how to get the contribution associated with the proper local missionary account in MLS. Can anyone help?
The simplest way to do this is during the reconciliation process for the month in which this transaction shows up on your Church Unit Financial Statement. As you are reconciling, one of the steps is called Other Items. The reconciliation screen for this step says "Other items are items that appear on your Church Unit Financial Statement but have not been entered into MLS." That describes well this particular situation.

So on the Other Items step, click the "Add item" button. You will see entry fields where you can enter the date and reference number of the transaction from the CUFS. For the category, you specify the particular Ward Missionary subcategory for the missionary receiving the support. Enter the amount, and the reason (something like "In Kind Donation"), and Save. Then complete the reconciliation process.

If you then go to View Transfers, you will see the entry exactly as you entered it.
SmithGW

Post by SmithGW »

We have a case where a stock contribution from a member in another Stake was made to support a missionary from our Ward. The Stock contribution went to Salt Lake and I got a letter to the effect that it had been received. I don't know how to get the contribution associated with the proper local missionary account in MLS. Can anyone help?

Alan Brown is correct. You will have to wait until you receive the Church Unit Financial Statement (this can now be printed from MLS). The entry for this contribution will probably be in the Miscellaneous Disbursements and Credits section of the statement.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”