Audio scriptures in German

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
bettehubrich

Audio scriptures in German

Post by bettehubrich »

How do I listen to the scriptures in German on my I-pad.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Audio scriptures in German

Post by sbradshaw »

There aren't any official recordings of the scriptures in German by the Church. If your device language is set to German (Settings > General > Language and Region > iPad Language > German) you can select the text of the chapter and press "Speak" to have your iPad read the chapter to you.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It looks like a member recorded himself reading the Book of Mormon in German and put it up at this site: http://batesbunch.com/
Note that the audio recording is not official and might not be the best quality.
GalenLAnderson

Post by GalenLAnderson »

There was what I would assume was an official recording of the Book of Mormon in German. It came on 21 audio cassettes. I bought as a missionary in Switzerland back in 1988.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

After researching some more, it looks like the recordings above are from the cassettes officially produced by the Church, but they are not of the current edition of the German Book of Mormon, which is why they're no longer being distributed by the Church. See this question for more info: https://christianity.stackexchange.com/ ... ormon-text

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”