Tithing tax receipt

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kellyjarvies

Tithing tax receipt

Post by kellyjarvies »

How do I retrieve my 2016 tithing donation tax record?
wendyeugeniacostello

Re: Tithing tax receipt

Post by wendyeugeniacostello »

I have been unable all morning to obtain my husband's and my official tax tithing receipt for 2016 (our tax appointment is in 2 hours)-I have viewed the teaching on this (both printed and taped) but have waited 20 minutes each time=no results. Is it because my LDS account online is only in my name, yet the donations are made in both our name? If so, how can I retrieve the document now? Please help me!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

wendyeugeniacostello wrote:I have been unable all morning to obtain my husband's and my official tax tithing receipt for 2016 (our tax appointment is in 2 hours)-I have viewed the teaching on this (both printed and taped) but have waited 20 minutes each time=no results. Is it because my LDS account online is only in my name, yet the donations are made in both our name? If so, how can I retrieve the document now? Please help me!
The donations are probably attached to his membership record. He needs to log in using his LDS Account to view them. There is an option he can set there to allow you to view the donations associated with his membership record.
wendyeugeniacostello

Post by wendyeugeniacostello »

Hello? Is anybody there? Have I asked the right question to the right person?

Oh, I just got your reply ! Thanks so much-sorry if I am stressed! He doesn't have an account, but I will ask him to create one, and then I hope we can get the information!
vsgossling

Post by vsgossling »

You have a whole new program in donating for tithing, fast offering, education, humanitarian, etc., and it is very difficult to get into the program. I was unable to print a receipt for my donation this morning. My name is Virginia S Gossling, and I would like to be able to print a receipt for my donation. Thank you.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Dear vsgossling,

This forum is user-to-user help. Most of us have no way to assist you in your request. I would recommend you speak with your ward clerk. He can print a receipt for you and also show you how to access your tithing information on lds.org by using the computer in the clerk's office (which will allow you to print your own receipt at home if you desire).
JonathanKebick

Post by JonathanKebick »

Ran into problem with the new online donation and issuing tax receipts in Canada. We print the tax receipt for the year and the online portion on member's contributions for the year are missing from the total. Yet the summary shows the proper amount for tithing settlement. We look online for a separate receipt printing ....but no avail. And help?
Thanks
J
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In the US, there is no tax receipt for 2017 yet. You can probably list the donations, but that's not a tax receipt.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JonathanKebick

Post by JonathanKebick »

As many are navigating the new online tax contribution for US and Canada (and from what I understand soon to be Mexico) for most part things are working well.
As a Canadian citizen now living in Mexico I have run into a problem and need assistance. Mexico doesn't issue tax receipts (Mexico doesn't have tax return for charitable donations like Canada) so how do I get my annual tax receipt for 2017 (from donations before mymove in Jan 2018)? My old ward cannot issue since my records are in Mexico now.
Do I have to send my records back to Canada to have the tax receipt printed and then return my membership to Mexico?
For the future should I only submit tithing in Canada online?
...Because I will have to pay tax to both countries and assume e I still will need to submit my donations to the Canadian Tax revenue.... how do I get my tithing tax receipt each year?

Thanks
J
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JonathanKebick wrote:As many are navigating the new online tax contribution for US and Canada (and from what I understand soon to be Mexico) for most part things are working well.
As a Canadian citizen now living in Mexico I have run into a problem and need assistance. Mexico doesn't issue tax receipts (Mexico doesn't have tax return for charitable donations like Canada) so how do I get my annual tax receipt for 2017 (from donations before mymove in Jan 2018)? My old ward cannot issue since my records are in Mexico now.
Do I have to send my records back to Canada to have the tax receipt printed and then return my membership to Mexico?
For the future should I only submit tithing in Canada online?
...Because I will have to pay tax to both countries and assume e I still will need to submit my donations to the Canadian Tax revenue.... how do I get my tithing tax receipt each year?

Thanks
J
I think your current ward clerk is going to have to call local unit support and ask them to generate and send the statement either directly to you or to the ward. Moving you records around to get tax statements is not a good idea.

Return to “Church Account”