Can't log in to LDS account or FamilySearch

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rannachelle

Can't log in to LDS account or FamilySearch

Post by rannachelle »

My 16 y.o. has had an LDS account for a little while, but he forgot the password and had to change it. I helped my 12 y.o. set up his own account so that he can start working on the family search site. Now neither one can log in to their LDS accounts. It says the usernames and passwords aren't recognized. I had them sign in right after changing password/setting up account to make sure everything was working ok, and it worked just fine. Then we tried logging in the family search site and keep getting the same error message. I haven't had any problems signing in to my account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't log in to LDS account or FamilySearch

Post by russellhltn »

I've found in the past that changed passwords can take a little while to get to other websites. As long as they are able to log into ldsaccount.lds.org, then they should be OK. They just need to wait a little bit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rannachelle

Post by rannachelle »

I thought that might be the problem, but I couldn't remember having that issue with my own account. One was able to sign in earlier this evening, but the other one is still having problems. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does each account have a different email address? Sometimes there are problems when more than one person has the same email address associated with their LDS Account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lcassidy2

Post by lcassidy2 »

Hi
I cannot login to Family Search, although my username and password worked for this forum. If I try to login to Family Search I get the following error: Oauth2 error: unsupported grant type: null

My partner on another computer using the same network had no problems registering and gaining access.
Mrsmalston

Post by Mrsmalston »

I had to delete cookies to regain access.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Church Account”