Can't access Home and visiting teaching list on my app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
harddrive

Re: Can't access Home and visiting teaching list on my app

Post by harddrive »

I agree with the last post. I have a friend who isn't in a leadership position and he can't see who his home teacher is or who he is assigned to visit. He also doesn't have access to book 2 for his calling in the emergency preparedness area.

It would be nice to be able to have them see their current assignments, but it is also nice to have the personal meeting with the leadership to understand any situation with the family that are assigned to the home teacher.

Terry
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:He also doesn't have access to book 2 for his calling in the emergency preparedness area.
Everyone should have access to Handbook 2.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Everyone should have access to Handbook 2.
Handbook 2 is not based on calling or even membership. However, it's part of Gospel Library, not LDS Tools. If it's not showing up there, I'd check to make sure it's the current version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jjtmernelson

Post by jjtmernelson »

I cannot access this info either but my VT can see it on her android still. She is in the YW presidency. Is that why she can see this info?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jjtmernelson wrote:She is in the YW presidency. Is that why she can see this info?
Yes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coulter66

Post by coulter66 »

Well how frustrating now that they made it almost impossible to find the edit page in home teaching. I'm an elder's quorum pres. and the new update to leadership and clerk resources is absolutely awful. It couldn't be harder to use and I wish I had to words to express my disappointment with this update. Please if anyone has to the knowledge to figure out how to get to see the edit page of hometeaching please let me know. Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

coulter66 wrote:Well how frustrating now that they made it almost impossible to find the edit page in home teaching. I'm an elder's quorum pres. and the new update to leadership and clerk resources is absolutely awful. It couldn't be harder to use and I wish I had to words to express my disappointment with this update. Please if anyone has to the knowledge to figure out how to get to see the edit page of hometeaching please let me know. Thanks
The only thing that changed was that they removed the short-cut panel on the main page because they are now promoting new features (although this many not be as obvious to to organization leaders who don't see all the options that clerks do). That is the purpose of those panels.

HT/VT can be found using the same menu options that were available previously: select Organizations > Home Teaching from the menu and then select the correct organization in the drop down box on the right and click the Households tab (to enter visits or edit household assignments) or Companionships tab (to edit companionships).
melissagonzalez1

Post by melissagonzalez1 »

Are you able to access your own visiting teaching assignments in LDS tools? I am wondering what access individual members have for their own VT assignments. Is there capability to report Visiting Teaching online for individual members (without access to Leadership and Clerk Resources)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

melissagonzalez1 wrote:Are you able to access your own visiting teaching assignments in LDS tools?
Not at this time. There is no time line given when that will be available.
melissagonzalez1 wrote:I am wondering what access individual members have for their own VT assignments.
None.
melissagonzalez1 wrote:Is there capability to report Visiting Teaching online for individual members (without access to Leadership and Clerk Resources)?
No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bomberopm

Post by bomberopm »

I have been told by quorum leaders numerous times that my home teaching families are “on the app” and that my home teacher is listed on “the app”. We even spent time during one meeting and half the quorum had access to their individual HT information and half didn’t. No one knew why. I’d like to have that information in case I wanted to call my home teacher without calling a leader first to determine who it is.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”